Friday, April 27, 2012

Not The Best News

I guess I should give an update. It's been so long!

We had our first RE appointment two days ago. Just a consultation, but it didn't go as I'd hoped. Remember the D&C I had in 2010? I haven't had a period since then. My doctor is worried that there's extensive scarring in my uterus. I've been worried about the same thing, to be honest. But he mentioned that it may even be so bad that the front and back walls are fused together.

What does this mean? In a nutshell: it means we're probably screwed. It's not a for sure diagnosis. I'll have to have another hysteroscopy to check it out. It may be fixable through surgery with microscissors, but after reading about pregnancy complications after scarring and surgery, I'm not really sure I want to go that route.

I don't feel very hopeful for the results of the scope, to be honest. I'd say we're probably looking at surrogacy or adoption to become parents. It's all really a lot to think about. I guess that's all for now though.

5 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear. I've had a D&C and two hysteroscopy before. I think you should go through with the hysteroscopy, just to see. Maybe there is something wrong, maybe they'll find nothing wrong. But at least you will not be wondering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry your having to go threw this . i cant even began to imagine how you must be feeling , or whats going threw your head . i hope yall find a option that still gives you happy results . good luck

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear this initial diagnosis. The hysteroscopy procedure isn't bad and in some cases - it can help clear the pipes a bit. I can only imagine what you are dealing with. As always, take care of yourself first. Everything else is secondary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry you're having to go through this. Just remember we're all here for you whenever you need it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks y'all. About to work on another short post.

    ReplyDelete