Is it everything you dreamed that it would be?
Honestly, I am not sure how to answer that right now. I have a loving husband, a nice home, nice things. Much better than what my parents had. And correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that what most parents want for their children? Better than what they had? But I feel like I am in a rut. I know I'm smart. I'm creative. I'm fun. But I don't feel like I am any of those things lately.
I just don't feel like I have time to be me anymore.
Might be a quarter life crisis, or just the stirring in my soul.
I spend most of my time putting others ahead of myself. Always have and probably always will. When do I get to be selfish? There are so many things I dream of being and doing: writing, taking beautiful photos, travelling, being a mother, being able to just run until I can't anymore, owning my own coffee shop. And while some of that stuff might seem a little far-fetched, I'm not even doing the ones that are within reach. I just don't feel like I have the time. I feel so busy constantly working and taking care of the house and my husband (gotta love him), that when I do have free time, I just want to sit and do nothing.
Why is my reflection someone I don't know?
I think I need a vacation. One whole week (or two!) to myself to do the things that I love. To do the things that make me ME. I miss being me. She was an awesome person. I know she's hiding in there somewhere under all the stress. Just need the time to find her again...
No comments:
Post a Comment