Saturday, May 19, 2012

A Birthday and A Meeting

Keith turned THIRTY on Thursday! I'm guessing it doesn't feel much different than 29, but who knows. We celebrated (um, too much) last Saturday. And we're going out for karaoke tonight too. It was Keith's idea, but I have a feeling it's probably more for me.

This upcoming Tuesday I'm going to a patient seminar at Houston Fertility Institute in Beaumont. They're raffling off an IVF cycle free of doctor fees. That's about half off. Keith was supposed to go with me, but instead my friend Taylor is going with me. That's cool. We can goof off that way!

Afterwards we (or maybe just I) will be going to Cafe Del Rio to meet a potential surrogate! Nothing really concrete yet, more of just a casual meeting to talk about what a surrogacy entails. I am already acquainted with her, but I'm hoping that we can get to know each other more and become good friends also.

Taking this step feels SO surreal. I know it's still a while off because things are expensive, but just getting together with her is a step in the right direction.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment