So I went to the seminar last night. Keith was supposed to go with me, but changed his mind, so I invited my friend Taylor along. She learned a lot. Most of that stuff I kind of already knew. I think everyone did. We were probably all there for the raffle prize: an IVF cycle free of physician fees. Long story short, a lady whose insurance covers SIX CYCLES won it. How lame is that? And greedy! I wouldn't even have entered if I already had coverage. But what's done is done.
Dinner with our PS (potential surrogate) got moved to next week. I was a bit bummed, but still had a good night anyways. I'm really anxious to talk about some things with her. Anxious in a good way though. I know that it's still not 100% sure that my uterus is completely useless, but I have a feeling it is, so I want to be good friends with our PS. And speaking of surrogates, is there a better way to say that "we're going to USE a surrogate?" It feels so wrong to say. Like we're only using her for her uterus. I mean, I know we are using her ute, but I also hope that we could be friends. So what's better than saying we're going to USE a surrogate?
Anyways, I spoke with my doctor about my huge cysts and asked if I could have them drained. He said he'd do me one better and remove them completely, membrane and all. He really freaked me out a little because I reminded him that this GIGANTOR cyst (and his slightly smaller buddies) have been hanging around on lefty for a good long time. He told me that should the ovary twist, if it hasn't already, it will cut off blood supply and become necrotic. In other words it will die in there and WHAT IF I HAVE A ZOMBIE OVARY?!?!?! So instead of just having a hysteroscopy, I'll be having a laparoscopy at the same time. Kill two birds with one stone. Or scalpel. Or whatever. The point is that I won't have to pay facility fees twice, won't have to pay for anesthesia twice, and so on and so forth. Still expensive as all hell though.
In the mean time, Keith will have his semen analysis done, and I'll have some blood work drawn. Since I don't currently have a cycle, I'll be put on birth control for one or to months, then during the withdrawal week on day three, I'll have regular baseline bloods drawn. I have to be honest, I'm terrified of these results. All of them. I have no idea how I'll comfort Keith (or myself, for that matter) if the SA is bad. And what if my eggs are bad? I guess that one wouldn't be the end of the world, but still. I'm worried. And with the luck I've had so far, I think I have every right to be worried over here.
Other than that, I think it may be finally safe to say that we're getting a new bread route. The one that runs through our actual town instead of the town that's thirty minutes away from here. This is good news for us. It means we will make more money. It means we can get more done with all of this fertility business. It's going to be several weeks before anything is actually final, but once it is, I can have my surgery.
That's it for tonight, folks.
No comments:
Post a Comment