Had my ultrasound today. Lining is measuring 4.5, which seems weird to me since it's been about 9 months since I've had a period, and for one of those months I was on Premarin to purposely thicken it. But what do I know?
Also found out the cause of the excruciating pain every time I cough or sneeze or just generally move weird. My left ovary has a big ol' cyst. Lefty is measuring double the normal size. I got to see it on the screen. It looked pretty freaky. Like a big blob that contained other smaller blobs, but then there was a HUGE blob inside the main one.
My doctor says that it's hard to tell whether it's a functioning cyst that's just stupidly big and fucking up my cycles, or if it's caused by endometriosis and is fucking up my cycles. So we're going with birth control pills for the next three months to see if it helps shrink it. If not, then we get to do a laparoscopy! FUN! I guess they would drain they cyst either way? But he said if it's endo then they will laser some things too. EVEN MORE FUN!
My grandma asked if we would be seeing the pictures on YouTube. I said probably not. She was sad, but perked up when I told her my ovary looked freaky. We also talked about her having to go through chemo to make sure there are no cells left where the doc had to scrape her ribs when they got rid of her cancerous lung tumor. I told her I heard chemo sucks balls. She has heard similar things. I love my grandma.
Anyways, the doc said that since my prolactin isn't sky high or anything, the BCP might also help suppress it. That means he may not have to prescribe me anything for it. If it's still elevated though, I'll probably end up taking Parlodel (bromocriptine), but only half a tablet before bed. Not that I know what a full dose amounts to, but whatever.
So there ya have it. We have a game plan. Let's hope it doesn't come to getting a lap. That's money that we don't have. Glad to have some answers though.
Laparoscopy is no fun! And afterwards you are EXTREMLY limited on what you can do. Even if you have the minimally invasive! And the scars, not so bad, except if they go through your belly button, it will forever look weird and brown.
ReplyDelete