Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Hope For BCP!

Today I'm half way through my second week of birth control pills (bcp). Today I had a bit of spotting! Most would say "Oh, mid-cycle bleeding, that sucks!" But I'm saying "Holy crap I didn't know my body could still do that!" So this is me being hopeful that bcp will actually make it possible for me to have periods again. At least for three months, anyways.

And GUESS WHAT ELSE! Keith finally agreed to get a semen analysis! We made a deal. If the bcp helps and I don't need surgery in the next 3 or 4 months, then Keith will go for the SA before January 1st. I told him if I DO need surgery, we can wait a little while because we'll need to save money anyways. Honestly, I'd prefer he do it now, or at least ASAP so that we can get "fixed" and both be ready at the same time. But this is an agreement that he can live with. It gives him enough time to mentally prepare himself, and plenty of time to get a good multivitamin in his system and hopefully cut back on smoking. I'm feeling very optimistic about the bcp working for me and not needing surgery. Let's hope it works out so that Keith can get this done that much sooner. I've only been reminding him every few months that we need it to be done!

It feels so good to have a concrete plan established, finally. Mostly we've just been winging it. Making decisions and doing things as we go along. I like knowing what's next.

In other news, yesterday was my birthday. Another year older. I spent the day relaxing at home and enjoyed it very much. This weekend we'll be in Anahuac grilling burgers with family to do a bit of celebrating. Should be fun. I did go ahead and invite my sister and the kids. I really hope they decide to come out.

I'm going to be trying out new diets in the coming weeks. The first thing I'll try is dairy free. After that I may go gluten free. The reason being that after almost every meal I get all bloated. So bloated that it's like a small baby bump. It's very uncomfortable. Maybe changing things up a bit will help. Maybe it will also help my skin stop being so freaking itchy all the time. I'll let you all know.

Anyways, that's it for now. Until next time, friends!

4 comments:

  1. Yay for things going well! It's great to see so many positive things for you. I really hope your sis comes out to add to all the good things in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd suggest getting him checked ASAP. We waited until I finished my 6 mo on Clomid before getting L checked, and finding out the issues were with him. Then had to wait another 8 mo while he was on hormone therapy pills. Even if you're not in a position to fix any issues that might exist, I found it more reassuring knowing everything up front.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you guys!

    I'd love for him to do it now. Really, I'd love for him to have done it 6 months ago. But he's stubborn and maybe even nervous. This was the only timeline he would agree to. I'll have to take what I can get, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Calmantha, but I know you have to work with him. It is pretty hard for guys sometimes, so it's just great that he is agreeing to do it!

    ReplyDelete