Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Double Whammy!

I know I already posted today, but that was for NIAW. I figured that in this post I could update you all about what's going on with me right now. Lots of TMI stuff ahead.

So as some of you may know, I haven't had a period since mother effin November. I've taken provera twice, once with premarin to build my lining, and still nada. Not very fun. I'm not really sure what to do about it, other than go to the doctor for more tests...

On May tenth, I'm going in for bloodwork. They're doing TSH (thyroid), CMP (tests 14 different things to determine how stuff is functioning), and HgbA1C (hemoglobin something or other to test for insulin resistance/diabetes). Sounds awesome, huh? Actually to me it does. I'm ready for more answers! Especially on the thyroid front. I've been having about a gajillion symptoms of hypothyroidism. Basically most of these plus a couple more obscure ones, like itching all over.

I'm also going in that day for my yearly pap and breast exam. This year the breast exam is REALLY important, because I just found a lump in my poor left boobie! It's about pea sized, hard, and very painful. I think it's what's been making that boobie sore for so long. Righty has some soreness too, but I can't feel anything at the source of that pain, so maybe it's nothing. I'm hoping the lump is from taking hormones or something. I don't really know how this stuff works. I'm not freaking out yet, so all is well.

I'm also gonna ask about an ultrasound on my uterus/ovaries. I forgot to ask when I called about my appointment today. I may try to call back tomorrow to see if they can fit me on on appointment day. Anyways, I just feel that it's really important to make sure I don't have endometrial hyperplasia (extremely thick lining that could lead to cancer) after no period for five months plus premarin for twenty days. Also, I really want to check out the ovaries since they've been giving me some weirdness and pain lately.

Anywho, that's what's going on with my reproductive system at the moment. If anyone is gonna be in Beaumont on Tuesday, May 10, please let me know so that I won't have to be lonely between doctor visits. We could sit at Starbucks or chill at the mall or something. See all you guys later!

No comments:

Post a Comment