Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Doctor Visit

So I had my blood work and doc appointment today. Nothing new going on here. Still infertile.

The lady doing the blood work had to stick my twice. Once in each arm. I'm not afraid of needles or anything, but it still hurt a little. And now I'll have not one, but TWO lovely bruises! Hooray for looking like an addict!

Once I finished there I puttered around Beaumont. Stopped by Target, but decided I'd be spending enough elsewhere, so I didn't buy anything. Had lunch at Chick Fil A where I sat and filled out my paperwork for the doctor visit. Had time left over so I went by Starbucks since we don't have one in Jasper and I miss it. Tried a cake pop for the first time today and loved it! I'm gonna make some of my own soon. It'll be so fun!

Made my way to the doc's office. The lobby had a big saltwater aquarium full of some beautiful and awesome corals. Also, a clown fish. And whatever that kind of fish is that loves bubbles from Finding Nemo. MY BUBBLES!! As I waited, all fidgety and ADD from caffeine, I wondered what the fish were thinking about, and how boring it must be to swim in the same few square feet for the rest of forever. And I really wanted to see the clown fish swim through its anemone, but it didn't. Stupid fish.

ANYWAYS! I liked my new doctor. She's pretty nice and all. Didn't make me feel weird or anything, which is good. She says I need to go back for more bloods. Just prolactin this time. She also had me set up an appointment for an ultrasound. She prescribed me Provera again. This time a double dose though. I'll take one in the morning and one at night instead of just once daily. She says if she can't get me cycling by June, then I'll for sure have to see an RE because there is not really anything else an OB/gyn can do. I don't like the sound of that. Or, more accurately, I don't like the sound of the specialist bill. Guess I'll start saving up again! I know the first visit there is almost $400 if you're self pay. Ugh.

Oh, and we're just gonna keep an eye on the boobie lump for now. That's good because I'm sure we can't afford a mammogram or biopsy or anything.

The pelvic exam was really unpleasant. All that pushing on my uterus and ovaries was painful. My ovaries were sore for hours afterwards. They feel better now though. We'll be checking them out on the 25th, along with my lining. I'm really relieved that she said we could do it. I hate the idea of a super thick lining in there getting all hyperplasia-ed and cancery or anything. Also, now that I'm kinda working back at my old job, I need to figure out when I can go in and do my blood work. Which I will have to fast for. Again. And since it's prolactin, there is no boobie touching allowed. So I guess Keith will be fasting in a sense too. Ha! (Not that he eats from my boobs, because gross. I meant he will be "fasting" from touching them.)

Well, Keith says he needs to use my laptop to do his bread order, so I'll be going now.

1 comment:

  1. i'm glad you found a dr doing what you want finally! good find! i als owas highly entertained by this. i've definitely felt that way about fish before. hahaha. i missed long funny updates from you! I understand (as much as i can) why you've been not blogging.

    ReplyDelete