A lot has been going on. Saturday we headed out to Houston to ice skate at the Galleria for Keith and Kerri's birthdays. (His was the 17th, hers was the 20th.) Not even an hour away from home and I hit a giant dog. I felt really terrible about it. The dog was so big that it messed up my bumper and lights. The bumper was scraping on the tire really badly. We redneck fixed it by attaching a big chain to the bumper, the other end to a tree, and backing up really fast a few times. It's only a temporary fix.
Anyways, we ice skated. It was fun kind of. The rental skates really hurt my feet, but Keith and Kerri had a great time, and that's what counts. Then we had the great idea to eat at the Rainforest Cafe. Worst place ever. Too busy, bad service, and mediocre food that cost way more than it was worth. But at least the birthday peeps got free sundaes.
We dropped Kerri off and went back to the MIL's house. Around 12:30 that night, my phone is ringing. I pick up and it's Kerri. Her boyfriend beat her up kinda bad. We picked her and the kids up and pretty much they live with us now. We only have a one bedroom apartment, but she has nowhere else to go. Besides, I wouldn't want her to go anywhere else. Anyways, our lease is up September 30th, but we may be moving before then anyways.
She has already begun the process of getting WIC, Medicaid, and even though we're not sure she will qualify for any food stamp assistance, she applied for it anyways. Every little bit will help us. We grew to a family of five over night and it's a bit overwhelming for Keith and me. Even though we brought all of their things with us, there is still a lot that they need, but don't have, and didn't have to begin with. In case anyone would like to help out, I've put together an Amazon wish list of things we need.
http://amzn.com/w/2UGZ8UBG158GY
Not on the list are some baby proofing things (things to keep cupboards from opening mostly), a couple of blankets, some small toys, and baby girl clothes 6-9mo. These things are not absolutely essential, and hand me downs would be extremely welcome. If you would like to send anything, I can email you my address. Thanks in advance, and thank you to everyone who has already helped in so many ways!
Anyways, I'm off for now since dinner is ready.
No comments:
Post a Comment