Friday, May 6, 2011

(Not So) Happy Mother's Day

Sunday is Mother's Day, and I have to admit that I'm not looking forward to it.

I have no babies.

I have no mother.

What more is there to say?

And on top of that, Keith says we're not going to Anahuac to visit with family because I have my doctor's appointment on Tuesday in Beaumont, and that's halfway there. We can't spend all of that money for gas. I know that we can't. But I really want to. I'm almost in tears because I had myself convinced that spending the day with my sister and my mom's best friend outside of immediate family (Keith's mom) would make me feel better. Not that anyone has a full and complete understanding of what I'm going through and feeling, but at least there would've been mindless chatter to fill my brain.

But now I'll probably spend the day feeling sad, empty, and alone.

2 comments:

  1. I'm right there with ya honey. I'm so sorry. I sadly have a mother who isn't a mother sadly. I wish I could make your day better. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Tillie. I know Mother's Day won't be easy for you either.

    ReplyDelete