No big news today.
It wasn't quite as hard as I thought it would be. Yes, last night was very tearful, and I did make Keith get up off the couch and come cuddle me in bed at two something in the morning. But I think I got a lot of it out of my system last night/this morning. My sister called today and didn't seem totally devastated about us not coming, although she was sad. It may be a good thing that we didn't go out there because she's super sick, and I catch other people's cooties like nobody's business.
I lost a blog follower today. Wonder why? Maybe they didn't like me...? Maybe they can suck my big toe.
If you look to the left side of the page, you'll see that I've added my Goodreads widget. I officially entered a 100 book challenge for the year. Late, I know, but I didn't know how to do it before. Yes, I'm that big of a dummy. Anyways, apparently the pace I had set for myself was a bit fast, because I think I'm about 11 or 12 books behind, while Goodreads says I'm only 9 behind of where I should be right now. I guess that's not so bad, considering I read a total of 3 full books yesterday, 1 full book today, and I've started on another. At this rate I'll hopefully catch up soon.
My boss asked me what days I can work next week. I had a feeling he would. So it's very possible that for a few days I'll be back at my old job. It's a slight inconvenience. Mainly because it's nosing in on my lazy time. I don't mind it though. At least I know I can get some decent reading done on those days. Plus I'll get to see Rhonda and Kellie. Hooray!
Our lease here is up September 30th. I'm hoping that if we don't have a new route in a different location by then that we can at least find a new place to live here. House or apartment, I don't really care. As long as it has at least two bedrooms and allows pets. If I can't have a baby right now, I might as well get a dog. Am I right, or am I right? I realize it's not the same thing, but I think that at least having something besides Keith and the turtle to love and take care of and snuggle (I don't snuggle with the turtle. He bites.), then it will at least take the edge off.
I got the nicest Mother's Day message from my Aunt Denise today. It surprised me that she seemed to know exactly the right things to say. Here's what she said:
- Hey girl wanted to wish you a happy mothers day for all the wonderful things you have done. Like you took care of your mom when she was sick like a mother would do for her child, taken care of your sister and her kids, even took care of mine. That right there makes you a mother in my eyes. I hope this doesn't upset you or anything, but I wanted to wish you happy mothers day, and thank you for everything you have done. You are a very strong and willing person. I love you and miss you. ttyl girl
Anyways, I guess I better go round up some dinner for Keith. Don't want him wasting away to nothing... (Imagine me here with a smirk and well timed eye roll.)
ALSO: Whoever is google searching my blog, my stats show what search led you here. Bookmark my site. It helps. Oh, and you're spelling my last name wrong. It's Mathews, with one T. I am flattered, though.
Whaddya know! Lost a follower and gained a new one! Cool beans :)
ReplyDelete:) I love your crazy kooky self. You really are an amazing person girl.
ReplyDelete