Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Mostly Good

I enjoyed our weekend, mostly. Saturday we drove to Anahuac. I went to a friend's wedding party thingy while Keith went fishing with his mom and step dad. Then later a big group of us went out to the bar down the street to shoot pool. I was really proud and surprised because Keith's step dad went out with us! That's so impressive for him because he's like borderline agoraphobic. He hadn't gone past his front porch in over a month. But we ended up having a great time all around, and may go back this weekend for Mother's Day (which is a whole blog post in itself, but I'll save it for later).

Had a bad time when someone I thought was a friend turned out not to be one. All because Osama Bin Laden died. How weird is that? Basically I posted an FB status that said that it's good that he's dead but the war isn't over. This girl's marine fiance jumped all over my ass for it, why I don't know. I got upset and said as much. She asked me specifically why. So I explained why his comment upset me and she freaked the eff out and said that I was attacking him and that I'm so negative and bringing them down all the time. Then she deleted me as a friend. AND THEN she sent me a message telling me that I "don't deserve or need a baby with such an awful attitude." The craziest thing about it? She's always commenting on my blog telling me how much she loves it, coming to me for advice on stuff, and telling me how much I've helped her for different reasons. I don't really know what to think of this about-face.

Maybe I am negative, but a lot of bad shit has happened in my life. And not only that, but something is up with my health that makes me feel like total dog crap most days. I'm sorry if I'm not perfect and sunshiny and happy all the time, but who is? I have a right to post/say/think whatever I want, and if someone doesn't like it, they don't have to read it. But I guess the moral of this story is "bitchez be trippin."

Oh, I also disabled anonymous comments. So there.

Did I already tell you guys that I have blood work/pap/lumpy breast exam on May tenth? I might have. But I'm so ready for it, so it's on my mind. I almost want them to find something with the blood work, that way I can get treatment and start to feel better. Is that wrong? Crazy? Totally fucked up?

Wanna know something? A friend on Twitter is buying a house and it's making me want one so much more than usual. Not only because how awesome would that be, but because foster parenting and/or foster to adopt programs have really been on my mind lately. Like a lot. It's something that I could really see us doing in the near-ish future. We would try to go through the state, since we meet almost all of their requirements. All we need is a bigger place to live and their required classes/training. I'm totally up for it. I'd love to help kids and families who need it. The weird part is that the other day we were in the bread truck and I heard a radio commercial for a foster to adopt program. I've never heard a radio advertisement for something like that. I'm telling you, it's a sign that we need to do this! Plus having a house would be cool because then we could get a puppy, and who doesn't love puppies?

I was totally gonna blog yesterday, but our DSL got all messed up somehow. But now it's fixed, and it was free of charge. Hopefully I'll continue writing on a more regular basis, but I really have no idea.

Anyways, that's all for now. See you guys later.

No comments:

Post a Comment