Sorry fanatics. I don't believe that the world is ending.
I prefer to look at this from a geological viewpoint. The earth has gone through many, many changes and shifts in the past several million years. I prefer to think that this is what that is. If you don't like that, I don't care.
But how do you explain all of the evil people? Simple. People are assholes. Since the dawn of man people have been doing bad things and screwing people over, etc. Now with there being so many people on earth and so much technology, it's just easier for people to be assholes now than it used to be.
Disease and famine could be helped (maybe not cured, but helped at least) if world leaders were less worried about starting wars with each other and making nuclear weapons, and more worried about health and the distribution of resources.
I'm not saying that I don't believe in the Bible or Jesus. I'm just saying that I think some of this stuff can be explained scientifically. Also, by saying that "everything is as the Bible foretold..." Yeah, you might as well be saying "I told you so!" That's how annoying that is.
Besides, if you believe every single word of the Bible, then I expect you to be a firm believer in Christ. Which means that if the world is in fact ending, you're gonna go to Heaven anyways. And Heaven is supposed to be awesome, right? So really, what are you worried about here? Your car? Your house? Kind of worldly, no? So if you really think the world is ending because the Bible said so, chill out. You'll be fine.
Whilst I do believe the world as we know it is ending and we are experiencing God's promises coming to fruition, I'm not so sure our understanding of His plan is necessarily correct. Will we "be taken up into the sky" before the proverbial sh*t hits the fan? I don't know. I do believe we are in for a great battle for mankind's survival and our faith is all that will bring us through it. That, and being aware that hard times are coming and to be prepared. Remember the story of Joseph? The pharaoh needed him to interpret what was to come. As Christians, we don't need a prophet. We know what's coming.
ReplyDeleteHi - I was reading your twitter account and it really hit home! I share your anger at pcos very, very much! I'm going to read your blog and catch you before I write more, but wanted to tell you I really feel the same. I need to get on with it, but I find myself hating it more every day, despite all I know about it and how fortunate I was to find a fabulous doctor, metformin and progesterone once I became pregnant, and lucky enough to have finally gotten pregnant and kept the pregnancies. It wasn't easy and not every doctor unfortunately knew what to do. Good luck and i'm going to read more now...great site:)
ReplyDeleteMeredith
www.dietregrets.com