I've been the worst blogger ever lately. I know I keep saying that, but it's true. I've been super busy trying to do stuff for the route, my job, my housework, errands, and working out that I haven't felt like I have time to do anything else. It's so tiring to be so busy all the time. I'm really going to try and make an effort to be better at this in the coming weeks/months/whatever. My weekly page views have really suffered. Sorry to all of you loyal readers. I'm sure you're missing me. Or not. Who knows?
Anyways, in case you didn't already know, Provera didn't do jack squat for me. I waited 13 days and never got a period. At all. So I made an appointment with my doctor, where I waited a ridiculous amount of time to talk with him for maybe 15 minutes, and he prescribed Premarin 1.25, two pills a day for the next 21 days. Technically today is the third day, so do the math. Premarin is a conjugated estrogen (which means it has more than one type of estrogen) made from pregnant mare urine. I know that seems really gross. I just try not to think of it, and I prefer to think that my particular batch came from a very humane equestrian center. Anyways, the hope is that the Premarin will boost my estrogen levels and build up my uterine lining. I'm guessing my estrogen is just low. It's been low in the past. This is why I really wanted him to order blood work when I went in a few weeks ago. I don't like guessing games, especially with something as important as my reproductive health.
So, after 21 days, the hope is that my lining will be nice and thick and spongy. Then I'll take Provera again for five days, and once I stop that, hopefully I'll actually have a period. And then maybe I will finally be able to take the freaking Clomid. If I don't have a period after all of this, then we have to do blood work to check my hormones, thyroid, and I think he said something else, but I don't remember what.
All I have to say is that I better have a freaking period. Today is the third day and because of the Premarin, I've basically crapped out the entire contents of my stomach. And as if that isn't enough, I feel like it's gonna come up the other way pretty soon. No, I don't think I have a stomach virus. These are all listed as side effects. How fun. (Hint: sarcasm.) Needless to say, working out was cancelled for the night.
On the bright side, since starting with My Fitness Pal, I've lost a total of 6 pounds, according to my home scale. At first I was unhappy with the program because I didn't feel like I was getting any results. But I figured out that calorie counting and exercise alone aren't gonna do it for me. I either need to go with low GI or low carb as well, thanks to PCOS. It's a long story as to why those seem to be the best diets for PCOS sufferers, but it all has to do with hormones and insulin. I'm just one big bag of awesome health, huh? Anyhow, started with the low carb/low cal/exercise plan and I'm doing well with it so far. Best part? It's free. Giggidy!
Well, I'm off for the night. I promise to try and be better. Later Gators!
GOOD LUCK! I've been wondering where you've been and I haven't seen you on my blog forever! Come on AF already! Sheesh! That sucks.
ReplyDelete