Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Where To Begin?

Let's start with this: You all know that Friday I put in my two week's notice at work and then ate at Casa Ole that night. Well, as some of you may also know, I've been really wanting an exercise bike for some variation in my cardio sessions. Saturday morning I was getting ready for work, and for some reason decided to grab some cash on my way out the door. Now, this is odd in itself because I really NEVER EVER EVER carry cash. Just so happens I grabbed $30. As I'm leaving work that evening, my boss beckons me over to the place next door. The lady there was selling an exercise bike for $25! And it's compact and in very good shape, although slighly out dated. I love it though. And really, how much more serendipitous could it get? Not much more, in my opinion.

We went out of town to Anahuac Saturday night and stayed till Sunday afternoon. We also made a pit stop in Beaumont, as usual. Througout all of this, I really just stopped my diet and exercise routine. It made for an enjoyable weekend, although I did put a couple of pounds back on. And I'm not exactly all upset over it either, which is a nice change. I started back in with my healthy habits today. My knee is killing me, for some reason. I may have to invest in an ace bandage or light knee brace. As for the workout, it felt super easy. I'm not sure if it's because my body is used to it, or if it's because I drank one of those Celsius energy drinks with my dinner. Those things have the lamest can design. It proclaims that Celsius burns calories. I don't necessarily believe that, but it's jam packed with lots of great vitamins and minerals, plus the entire 12 ounce can only has 10 calories and 2 carbs. So worth it.

Someone asked me why I'm dieting and exercising because I'm not exactly what anyone would call fat. Well, mostly because if I don't work to stay healthy and fit, PCOS will eff me all up. Weight gain/loss has a lot to do with hormones and insulin levels, both of which are royally screwed up with PCOS. A healthy diet and exercise routine can help keep that under control, which is mostly what I'm trying to do. Yes, I have a goal weight that I'd be thrilled to reach. I also realize that it may not be realistic with my crappy system. Another side of the issue is that everyone feels comfortable at a certain weight. I feel ok with mine right now, but again five pounds lost wouldn't hurt my feelings. And besides that, I can't keep gaining and losing the same 20 pounds like I have been over the past year. It's hell on my body and hormones, not to mention giving me stretch marks, which is not cool. So what is the harm in trying to keep those 20 pounds at bay? I do not believe I am anywhere near unhealthy, nor do I believe I will ever develop any kind of eating disorder. I love food, and I know how much worse off I'd be if I had a disorder than I am now. So do not fear for my health. Except maybe my reproductive health, cuz it sucks anyways.

Dudes, Keith bought me a gift today! He said it's because I've been so helpful to him lately. I also think it's because I told him I was feeling a little under appreciated lately. I know he appreciates me, just like I appreciate him. I think we're both stressed, not to mention I'm on hormone pills. But anyways, he bought me the Sims 3 Deluxe and the Barnacle Bay expansion pack. Bad news though. The Barnacle Bay disc wasn't in the box at all. Stupid game theives. So now I have to go to Walmart tomorrow and explain to customer service that they have crappy loss prevention and exchange my game. I guess it could be worse, somehow. Either way, I'm still really excited about the games, and it was such a sweet gesture on Keith's part. But really, a nice bouquet of tulips and help folding the clothes would've been just as nice!

In reproductive news, I'm done with Premarin for now. I'm on Provera day 3, with two days left. Hopefully within the next ten days I'll have a period. I will be so upset if it doesn't come. And before anyone asks, no, there is absolutely no way that I am pregnant. None. Nada. Anyways, if it still doesn't come, I have to go in for tons more blood work for all kinds of stuff, and probably some kind of other tests, possibly including an HSG or laparoscopy. This will be expensive. Pray that my period comes, please. Also, I'm really eager to start Clomid. I'll be disappointed if it gets put off yet again. Because seriously, I have everything I need. I'm so prepared. I have my BBT thermometer, LH (ovulation) strips, Preseed, pregnancy tests, everything. I even have five Premarin left to take after the Clomid to further help my lining. I even have natural progesterone cream to help after ovulation. So come on, period! I couldn't be more prepared for this. Bring it, Mother Nature!

That's all for tonight. I'll catch you all later!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you for working on staying healthy! And yay for gifts from hubby :-) I really hope AF comes! Let's get this going! FX

    ReplyDelete