Sunday, February 6, 2011

Bad Company

Let me just start off by saying that if cleanliness is next to Godliness, then my sister is The DEVIL.

I went to pick her and the kids up Wednesday afternoon because she said she needed a break from her boyfriend for a while because they have been fighting. I love seeing the kids any chance I get, so I agreed and left right after work. Yes, my house was slightly messy when they got here, but nothing that couldn't be fixed in twenty minutes or less.

The first night we just sat around, but Thursday when I got off of work, I went home to clean up. Walked in and the place was a wreck. So I put Kerri to work too. Of course, it was just like when we were little. I had to watch her while I did my work, and keep her busy so that she would get everything done that needed doing. So everything was pretty clean by that evening. Quick, easy work.

Friday and Saturday are my long days at work, and both were bad days. So I didn't really have much gumption to come home and make her clean on Friday. We just ate dinner and watched a movie.

Yesterday (Saturday) we had to leave to go to Anahuac. I told her that morning that everything needed to be clean and all of her stuff ready to go by 5:00, since that's when I get off of work. I worked six hours. I came home to find that absolutely nothing was done. She was sitting on the couch, talking on the phone. The apartment was a mess and nothing of hers was packed. I was pissed. I didn't really  have a lot of time to gripe because I was trying to pack our things and keep my niece quiet. I also didn't really have time to notice a lot of things.

But boy did I ever notice when I got home today. I noticed that there was formula spilled on my kitchen counters, there was some kind of sticky substance all over the kitchen floor, popsicle packages everywhere, SHIT on my couch pillows (which we have decided to throw away), my couch was all sticky, pen marks all over my bar, there were dirty towels in the bathroom that had Jon's nasty puke all on them, junk all over the living room. Plus two of my plastic pink cups were broken and I had to throw them away, the other one is currently MIA. Jon must have dumped my paper clips out and I suppose they were just thrown away because I can't find them. Kerri ran off with my pink post it notes. My DVDs are scattered everywhere. Jon put a spoon (among other things) in my turtle's tank, and dumped half of my container of Stress Coat on my end table.

And the last thing that I'm most pissed off about is that Kerri had the audacity to download a program onto my new laptop (which is worth more than just about anything she owns) without my permission. It was just ooVoo, but reputable program or not, this laptop sure as fuck does not belong to her.

You would think that someone who knows that they left your house a horrible mess would act a bit more contrite, but she didn't. See, I had the honor of picking up Jon's birthday cake today. I was going to try and make it a bit more special than it was, but I was sent on another errand. She asked me to pick up a pinata and candy, because they forgot. Sure, as long as you pay me back in full, Kerri. Ok, she says. Did that happen? No, it did not. We spent $40 on the pinata and candy. $25 on the cake. $50 in gas to pick her up Wednesday. Not to mention the time I spent today picking up after them and having to actually throw some of my belongings out because they are/were ruined. For all of that do you want to know what they gave me? $20 and an attitude.

I feel just like I always have felt about Kerri. Used. Unappreciated. Taken for granted. And all of those other bad feelings you get when you do something nice for someone and they walk all over you. She used to do it to me the whole time we were growing up. I thought we were friends now. Maybe we're not. None of my other friends treat me this way. I just don't know. I'm half enraged, half just really really hurt and upset. I don't understand my sister or how she can do some of the stuff she does. Is she thoughtless or just remorseless? Or is it both?

Maybe the lesson here is that people don't change. Maybe the lesson here is that I'm just too nice. Either way, I will think really hard about it and try to remember this the next time she asks to come visit.

2 comments:

  1. :( Im sorry Kristina! That's both unfair and disrespectful. I hope things will be a bit better. And unfortunately, its the people we think will change that never do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can say is family always does things to you that you would never allow or take from your friends. I know exactly how you feel. I know it doesn't help much but I still love you.

    ReplyDelete