So....not sure how I'll ever live up to yesterday's post. Guess I don't really have to. But I really want to thank everyone from Facebook, Twitter, and those of you who commented on my blog yesterday. I'm overwhelmed by the responses. So, thanks guys.
Day 4 (jeez is it only day 4?) of diet and exercise is going very well. I weighed in at 135.6 this morning, as opposed to 137 or 138 yesterday. Can't wait to see what tomorrow will bring. And before you get all upset because I'm doing some fad diet or dangerous diet, let me tell you: I'm not. I'm eating lots of fruit and veggies and good things. Completely avoiding white flour, but still not eating much wheat flour at all either. I do eat cereal or oatmeal in the mornings, and a granola bar in the afternoons, so I'm still getting some good whole grains and oats and stuff. As for meat, I haven't eaten much lately. It honestly does not appeal to me right now at all. I've forced myself a couple times in the past few days, but it just didn't taste good to me. The only meat I've been in the mood for is hamburger meat. I'll probably do something with that tomorrow. Anyways, diet. Basically it's me taking in less calories (probably around 1,000 to 1,500, nothing extremely drastic), very little carbohydrates (except at breakfast, carbs are good for breakfast), and drinking lots and lots and lots of water. Today I've had literally about 120 ounces of fluids, about 100 of those ounces being water. And yes, I have had to pee all day. Like every 20 minutes. Exercising consists of 20 minutes of intense cardio, 10 minutes of ab work, and stretching or fertility yoga as a cool down. I'm doing great so far. Please encourage me. Every little bit helps.
I haven't crocheted in a few days. Maybe I should pick that up again. Jen's blanket is so close to being done. And it's way super cute! Plus I need to finish hers so that I can work on the one for my sister. I'm really excited for that one because I have a great idea for it. Plus the colors are really cute! I'm so all over the place with my hobbies lately, what with crocheting, and body scrub making, and reading, and just everything. But it's really helping me out mentally. Those things are all ways to enjoy myself and just let go of all of my frustrations for a while. Or, if I so choose, I can think some things through and resolve some of my issues little by little. It helps.
Really, really hoping I can sleep tonight. Last night I couldn't sleep at all. So around midnight I took half of a 5 mg melatonin. And I still didn't get to sleep until after 2:30. And I hate to admit that I was super bitchy to Keith this morning when I was trying to wake him up. I apologized though, and explained why. He said he understood. Usually I don't take melatonin because it makes me have really vivid dreams. Even more so than usual. And if I take it too many days in a row, my dreams become pretty scary. (The nights that I had the scary dreams this week were without melatonin, though.) But I'm thinking that I'll go ahead and take a whole one before I get into the shower, that way when I get out I'll be about ready to pass out. I really need a good night's sleep tonight.
UGH! And our sink got all backed up today. Both sides. It was awful. It hasn't been so great, ever, but lately it's been getting worse and worse at draining and stuff. And today was the last straw. It wouldn't drain. Keith griped at me for putting something in the disposal, but I haven't put anything in there in like 3 days. He thought maybe I didn't chop it up good, but it chops it on its own and it goes down.....wherever it goes to, I guess. So not exactly my fault. But he went and got one of those handy things to snake the drain, and wouldn't ya know, my baby fixed the sink all by himself! I'm so glad and proud that he can get things like that done. And I'm also pissed that the guy who lives here and does emergency maintenance is never around when I need him. EVER. Stupid guy. But the issue got resolved, thanks to Keith, and all is well now.
But I'm gonna go wash this sweat off of me and get into bed.
hey sis I know you have been frustrated lately with everything. Call me sometimes if you need to yell..I will hold the phone away from my ear but I will listen..lol. Don't worry about not coming to see me. I know its really far and you guys are broke just like us..not to mention you having too much crap to do...anyway..I love you and I wish you luck on getting down to your goal weight..I have my own battle to start waging when I'm fully healed. for some crazy reason I have a lot of pent up anger and I'm sure some running would do me some good..maybe some anger management as well..idk
ReplyDelete-Jen
Yeah. But we'll come out eventually for sure. Today was just really busy and I'm exhausted! Running or jogging would be cool. Start small though.
ReplyDeletePs: where's my meatloaf?
have they ever given you ambien? (maybe ambian) not sure. But i used to take that and you'll def sleep. The only thing was if I didnt go to sleep, however long I was still awake, I didnt remember the night at all. And it made me feel hung over every morning. But I was also pregnant & only taking the 'pregnancy safe dosage' or whatever. One morning I felt so shitty and so pist about it I threw the shit away. plus it can be addictive, i know someone who got hooked bad- They said the side effects are very different depending on the person & your body. Honestly I've heard more bad than good about it- but I did meet a few people at the doctor that said without it, they'd be sleepless and miserable, and they get great rest every night, and that if you can tell it just isn't the right medicine for your body, just get rid of it.
ReplyDelete