Monday, September 13, 2010

Love/Hate Day

Sorry for taking so long to post. I know some of you are just bursting to know how my appointment went today. Riiiiiight.

Anyways, my appointment couldn't have gone better! We were going to do 6 different blood tests today, but for various reasons decided not to. She told me that I probably have some form of atrophy in the uterus and vagina, which pretty much mainly occurs in pre or post menopausal women, breast feeding women, women with premature ovarian failure, and after going through certain types of treatments. Definitely not breastfeeding. Definitely haven't had any of the treatments mentioned in the articles I've read. POF? Maybe. Hopefully not, but maybe. That's when you have super duper early menopause and your ovaries don't produce any eggs. I seriously hope that's not me at all. I will kill someone if I find this out. Maybe. But anyways, we went ahead with the CBC and tested my iron levels also. So I'll get those results in a week or so. And she prescribed me Flagyl, Levaquin, Estrace, and Prometrium. The first two are antibiotics that will clear up any kind of infections in my body. Estrace is estrogen, and Prometrium is progesterone. These two will hopefully stop my period and help my cycles become regular again. If they work, then I'm good. I can start tracking my cycles more accurately to see if I'm ovulating and whatnot. If they don't work, then I'll have to go in for a D&C (dilation and curettage). This means they'll dilate my cervix and scrape out the uterine lining and do tests on it. Depending on what they do or don't find after the D&C, I may need a laparoscopy. This is where they stick a tiny camera through an incision in my bellybutton and take a peek at my lady organs. But the surgeries will only happen if the hormones don't work. So pray that they work. Cuz I don't have the money or the insurance for that crap.

After my appointment, I was on cloud freaking NINE BABY! My doc finally came through for me, I felt confident enough to ask all of the questions that I wanted, and I finally got to have a pumpkin spice frappuccino! YES!!! So I went and visited in Anahuac a bit, which was fun for me. And April gave me some clothes! Yay! And then I left for home. Around 5. Baaad idea.

I hit rush hour traffic. Through Beaumont. Fuck. It was so bad that I barely moved for 20 minutes! And I got cut off at the last minute by an 18 wheeler. I honked and flipped him off. Wouldn't you? Yes, you would. I know you would. So I decide that I'm gonna head to HEB to pick up some Ideal Sweetener. So I fought my way down Dowlen. OMG. I hate Beaumont drivers. So much. I got cut off several times. I felt like punching people's faces. And I got to HEB and really had to pee. But guess what? The freakin bathroom was all under construction and stuff. So no peeing for me. And I went to aisle 5 for my Ideal. And there was only ONE!!! OMG!!!!!! We usually buy about 6 at a time since we don't have Ideal anywhere in our town and Beaumont is like an hour away. DAMMIT! So I drove all that way and got all pissed off for no reason. At all.

Made it back to Jasper and dropped of my prescriptions at Walgreens. The lady says they don't have the generic Levaquin (Levofloxacin). She says that there is no generic version, and I know damn well there is, because I'm pretty sure my mom used to take it for her Bartonella thingy. From cat fleas, or something. So the bitch lied to me, I think. Here's the breakdown of what I paid at Walgreens for my 'scripts:
  • Estradiol (Estrace's generic):        $9.99
  • Metronidazole (Flagyl's generic):    $9.99
  • Prometrium:                               $37.58
  • Levaquin:                                  $122.29
  • Prescription Club Membership:       $20.00
  • Grand total:                               $199.85
But on the bright side, with the prescription membership I saved like $50.00. She showed me the price differences. But I'm still pissed off.

My next appointment is October 11th. That's the day after I stop the estradiol and Prometrium. Hopefully about a week later I'll be able to report that I have no period. And hopefully a couple weeks after that I can report that I've ovulated for the first time since June of this year. I'm not sure I'm optimistic enough to say that a couple weeks later I'll hopefully report pregnancy. Cuz I just don't see it happening on the first time like that. But we'll see.

I'm off here now to go do something else. I don't really know what yet, though.

1 comment:

  1. She didn't lie to you levaquin doesn't have a generic... and its super expensive if you get the 750mg 7 pills its over $300!!!! Hopefully everything works though!!

    ReplyDelete