- Working out: Just this week I upped my workout to 30 minutes of cardio and added 2 new ab workouts. And just today I made it a bit more intense by stopping for water only 3 times during cardio (instead of between each song on my playlist, which is currently every song by The Used on shuffle. Last week it was Bayside) and not resting much between my ab workouts. Even though it takes me forever to muster up the energy to get with it and get going, I always love the way I feel when I'm sweating and rocking out to some great bands. I love the burn of my ab workouts. And I love the way it feels to be sore all the next day. It makes me feel like I've accomplished something good. Is it me, or does it seem like I'm getting a bit more intense with this exercising thing?
- Blogging: Blogging has turned out to be one of the best things I could've done for myself. Probably ever. It's a great way for me to let my emotions out in a way that's tangible. It allows me to go back and remember how I felt on a particular day and see how far I've come since then. Or it lets me relive my sorrows, which isn't good to do all the time, but sometimes it's cathartic to go back and see that you went through something you thought you'd never make it through, but lo and behold, you lived. And not only all of that, but it's been a great way for people to get to know me, including family members. You always think that you know exactly who someone is, and that you've got them pegged and you know their personality down to a "T." Turns out you may only think you know someone. You never can be sure what goes on in the head or their heart. And this has been a good way for people to discover not only who I really am, but it may also lead them to realize that maybe they've been misjudging lots of people. My blog is also especially great (in my opinion) because it seems like on the most unlikely days, I've helped someone who's going through something similar. I cannot even tell you how many people have sent me personal messages about my blog post and what it meant to them. So yeah, blogging is great.
- Reading: When I was in elementary school in Louisiana, we got a new librarian. I think I was in the second grade. The first week she was there, she put up a poster in the library that had a poem on it. I think it went something like this: The more you read, the more you know. The more you know, the smarter you grow. The smarter you grow, the stronger your voice when speaking your mind or making a choice. For some reason, that poem really stuck with me. I guess because it's true. Think about it. The more educated you are, the more likely you are to have an educated opinion on something. At this point, I was already a pretty avid reader. I always have been. I insisted that my mother teach me to read when I was in kindergarten. I told her that I wasn't learning enough in school. But my point is that reading is awesome. You get to live in a different world when you read. And the best part is that you're not confined to seeing the story the way a movie director chooses to see it. Authors describe things in detail, certainly, but most of it is really left to the reader's interpretation of what things may look like. Besides, you learn so many more words when you read just from context clues alone. Your vocabulary just keeps expanding. Which is awesome! You just can't lose when you read. To prove that I love to read, I just read 6 books in like 4 days. That's kind of a lot. Just saying.
Best Buy says my computer has been shipped. So I'm expecting it tomorrow or Monday. And I'm really hoping it doesn't come tomorrow. I don't know if we're going out of town or what....I mean, if it comes in the morning, that would be totally cool. But I have a bad feeling that it could be coming through FedEx or UPS and they don't usually get here until after 5, the bozos. But maybe I'll get lucky and it'll come through USPS and get here around 10 or 11.
And I think the estrogen is working. I can't really be 100% sure just yet, but the bleeding is significantly less. I think.
UPDATE! Just checked my order status for my laptop. It says it'll be here on time on 9/29 through UPS. Which is good cuz that's a Wednesday, and Keith should be home all day.
Anyways, I'm gonna get off of here and do a bit of housework that I've been putting off. Ya know, just in case we decide to go out of town tomorrow. Then I'll be mostly prepared.
No comments:
Post a Comment