Sunday, September 5, 2010

Not A Bad Day, Exactly

Just really freakin irritating. Most of the day was pretty good, though. Found out that the lighter fluid smell was from the neighbors using a barbecue pit on their balcony with their little wicker blind thingies closed. No ventilation. So somehow the smell took up residence in our apartment. We asked them to ventilate it a little, and they were really nice about it. So we came home, opened up our doors and lit some candles to help air our place out. It was pretty nice with the doors open, too.

A number of irritating things have happened, lately. First of all, Keith's brother in law owns the Mrs. Baird's route for Jasper. We have the one through Woodville. Ours is less money and way more hours, so you can imagine how excited we were when Derrick said he was thinking about selling it. More money, less hours, and as close to home as we could possibly get. Money would be less of an issue than what it is now. We may have even been able to start saving for fertility treatments, should we need them. Obviously money is an issue for them as well. It's basically confirmed that he's selling his route to some guy who's willing to pay cash up front for it. I can see the appeal in that, I guess. But we're still stuck with the more difficult, less rewarding route. Fuck. So hooray for families looking out for each other.

The guy that my parents were buying the house/land from before they died is trying to jack the price up on us. My parents owed around $6,000 bucks on it. He's trying to make us pay around $28,000. Fuck that. I fail to see how over the past two years it could amount to that much, even with taxes. The house isn't even there anymore, thanks to Hurricane Ike. And my sister volunteered me to go with her to talk more about it on the 13th. The day of my doctor's appointment. Which I don't know if I'm even going to keep because my insurance hasn't gone through yet. (When, WHEN will it go through?!?!) And she wants us to go to Gatorfest, which is the three days leading up to the 13th. Just one more thing that we can't afford.

And why can't we afford it? Because when/if my insurance DOES go through, that'll be $200, we just paid $450 rent, electric/water is $150 this month, $100 for cable, etc., etc., etfuckingcetera. Plus the TMobile bill ended up being $350. Maybe if my sister's boyfriend hadn't thrown her phone in the Gulf of Mexico we would still have at least one phone on the plan, which would make it worth keeping. Plus we've had to pay $150 a month to avoid the huge charge for cancelling early. Wouldn't have been early but she had just gotten an upgrade at the time of the Phone in Gulf fiasco. So I feel that me having his iPhone is 100% justified. So I'm pretty sure that he can just wait until April to get it back. Think of it as punishment for costing us a shitload of money, repeatedly.

The thing that makes all of this suck so much is that money usually isn't a stressor for me. And now suddenly everything is just hitting us all at once and it's stressing me the fuck out. I'm still really determined to go to school though.

Sorry for bitching through this entire post. I just really needed to get it all out. I don't feel much better about it, but at least it's out there.

3 comments:

  1. How much does Dr. Gayle's office charge for out of pocket visits?? I need to go see her because my mirena has me all kids of messed up!! I wanted to get my tubes tied after my son but she refused and gave me the mirena instead and SWORE I would like it and it's been nothing but a pain!

    On the phone, I would say it is DEFF justified! lol I have never understood why people break other peoples phone or in this case THROW them in the water when mad! TOO MUCH MONEY! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm...I'm not sure how much it would be. They charge a different amount depending on what you're going for. Sometimes just a consultation is free. I know my last two were. But if you want it removed and all that, I'm sure it would have a specific price. They might be able to give you an idea if you call up there though. I'm sure they wouldn't tie your tubes because of your age. They usually won't if you're pretty young.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, At first she agreed to tie my tubes.. She even had me sign the papers 60 day's in advance saying I could then last minute at the hospital she wouldn't let me.. She told me I was to young and may change my mind.. I was like "Are you kidding me? I have FIVE kids including my step kids! No more!" But she was right, I do want one more but I can't anymore.. We got hit with a BIG financial change and it's just not possible anymore and I don't wanna be one of those selfish people who bring a life into this world and cant afford them and give them everything they need and want. So, blah but I will deff call and see.

    ReplyDelete