Me and my sister. Mostly my sister right now. She just found out today that she has cervical cancer. Sad face. But the good news is that it's still in the very early stages and they'll decide on the 20th how to remove it. Either cut it out or freeze it off. Either way, I just want it to go away.
How crappy is that? In three years we've gone through so much. Lost our dad, then our house, then our mom, and now she has to deal with this, PLUS all the hardships of being a struggling young mom. Thankfully she doesn't have to do it all alone. I don't know how she would be able to make it by herself. I'm so thankful she has Berto there to love her and the kids and take care of them. I wish I could help them more, but we're barely staying afloat ourselves with all these damn bills. I just freaking love them so so so SO much. Besides extended family, my sissy is all I have left. Well, and Keith but whatever. You know what I mean.
Anyways, we got Netflix today for the 360. It was a great decision. Except half of the movies I wanna watch are for DVD only. I'm thinking about upgrading my membership to get DVDs through the mail also. It's only $9.99, which is a two dollar difference. Not that much, and way, WAY cheaper than freaking cable that sucked balls anyways. And speaking of Netflix, my iPhone corrects it to Jerrald or something. Stupid.
It rained today. Lots. Which sucks because we were supposed to go out to the land and gather up firewood and stuff. But no. And the forecast says rain on Friday also, which I'm not happy about. I just want a fire, dammit!
I go for my post D&C two month check up on the 24th. I suppose I'll have my doc do a pap, since I think she'll be mucking about down there anyways. The American Cancer Society website says that cervical cancer can run in some families, and I think my grandma had it. They suspected it with my mom, and now Kerri has it. Now I'm all paranoid. I've never had an abnormal pap before, but one doctor said she saw spots on my cervix. I went in for a second opinion and THAT doctor didn't see anything, nor has any doctor since then. That was almost two years ago. You'd think that they would have found something by now if I had it with all the stuff they do down there, but better safe than sorry, I guess.
Well, I'm off for the night. Catch y'all tomorrow.
:*( I'm sorry. *hugs* Hopefully things start looking up for you both!!
ReplyDeleteOh no! It sucks to hear she has that! I feel about 80% sure that that's what's going on with me, but finally, the dr appointment is tommorow. She'll atleast be able to tell me if hte cells are discolored, then a few days for the test results. Poor little sissy. Yall are strong. Hang in there Kerri- it's in early stages so that's GREAT, they'll fix it.
ReplyDeleteThanks y'all. We have tons of hope, so that's good. Sara, keep me posted.
ReplyDelete