Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Just A Few Things

So, Christmas is coming up. We all know that. And every year my family has two Christmases. One on Christmas Eve at my aunt and uncle's, and one on Christmas day wherever else we decide to do it. I have to admit that at first, I really didn't want to attend Christmas eve because of some things that went down a while back. But now I'm thinking we might attend. I'm not saying that all is forgiven, because it was some bad business, but I AM saying that I think it would be good to put aside differences for the holidays.

That being said, I'd like to politely and respectfully lay out a few situations that I'd like to avoid or make bearable.
  • I will gladly and respectfully answer any questions about my personal life, as long as they are asked in a respectful manner.
  • I do not want advice or opinions on how I should be living my life. I realize that not everyone is happy with my choices, but they're mine and not anyone else's.
  • I do not expect everyone to be fully supportive, but I do expect everyone to be polite and not condescending.
  • If you do not support something, that's fine, but no rude comments please.
  • Please realize that this is not exclusively about having a baby. It started out that way, but it seems that we have bigger fish to fry. My medical issues. They are real issues, so don't casually brush them off.
  • Please realize that because of these issues, I cannot have a baby without medical intervention. Do not give me advice on how to conceive unless you are a doctor.
I don't feel like I'm asking a whole lot, and I think it could help avoid some awkward or tense situations. One less thing we all have to worry about. And I think that we could all do with a little less stress in our lives and try to get along so that Grandma can have a good Christmas. If we do decide to go, please don't worry about getting us anything. We're having to pay all of my medical bills and just added the monthly note on our land, so we're still adjusting and probably won't have money to get anyone much of anything.

In other news, ever since I had to take hormones orally, I've had the worst skin ever. Maybe not ever, but the worst skin I've had in a really long time. Gone are the days when I could just take a couple of evening primrose oil pills a day and be good to go. I've had to start a whole new skin routine for twice a day and it's so tedious. Do you realize how hard it is to use those little Noxzema pads on your entire back? Really fucking difficult! So now I have some astringent in spray bottle that I spray on there, and occasionally I use a Clearasil cream on it. As for my face, I have to wash it twice a day, astringent, moisturize, and at night I'm using a mask. Plus two evening primrose oil pills two to three times a day. So. Much. Product. But it should be pretty cleared up within a week or two. If anyone remembers my early to mid teenage years, you will remember that acne was the bane of my existence. Still is at times. So having it all rush back again really blows.

Ugh. I had a horrible day today. I argued with Keith and it just sucked. And we're broke. So broke. All these bills and we don't make enough money to cover them and have enough left over for other things.

And that's all I have to say today.

7 comments:

  1. why could you not just tell them?? man... people these days. you put your woman issues on the internet for all to see and then dont want your own family to talk about them. kinda rude too, dont ya think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. "People these days" is sure right. Some people are all about being a smartass on someone's blog and not being brave enough to post their name. What's with that?

    No. I don't think it's rude at all. I have the right to freedom of expression and I'll exercise that right as long as I please. I didn't say they couldn't talk to me about it, I just want them to be respectful about it and not condescending and rude like they are about just about everything else. And maybe that's why I didn't just call them up and tell them. Because they're rude and they offended me past the point of forgiveness after my mom died. I will never forgive some of the things that were said. I'm only trying to make a good holiday for my grandmother because she's sick and she deserves it. If they can't honor my request of mutual respect, then that's fine. But I will not be the one to ruin a perfectly good Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Krissy I 100% understand what your getting at in your blog today. Since we share a bit in common...the whole female issue and not being able to have kids without help, it is just frustrating when your trying to have a conversation about your issues and they just don't either get it or make rude comments about it or play it off like it is all in your head.
    Who ever the previous poster is maybe you did not read this post the way I did because she did not say she would not talk about it just that she asked them to be respectful of her feelings and emotions on the issue and not to be advising on how she should be doing things in her life. That is all I will say on that. Love Ya Krissy I am always praying for you to get some kind of relieve to your problems along with the baby you so deserve.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I THINK CHRISTMAS IS A GREAT HOILDAY TO LET THINGS GO AS WELL AS THE NEW YEAR RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER I FOR ONE WANT TO KNOW HOW THINGS GO W YOU N THE PROCESS - AL THOUGH I HAVE TO DAUGHTERS N ALL I STILL LOVE YA 'TO HUGS AUNT LAURA '

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're probley my favorite person that I haven't accually hung out with before, at all.
    More people should be as open, honest, and blunt as you are. Hope all turns out well.
    Have a holly jolly day

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! The first comment- why would someone even say that to you?!

    person- thats mean! and disrespectful to not even leave a name. She's made it clear on here that blogging and venting here helps her, rather than face to face. This kind of stuff probley isn't a fun dinner table subject for her. She's doing everything she can to make a baby AND make herself better. Nomatter the cost or effort. She deserves a damn trophy. She's having problems that arn't normal for someone her age, wants a baby (&cant make one yet), going thru the holidays without her mom, money, working her butt off. and all the other stuff she writes about- and you're rude to her? Hell, she just had surgury and still isn't better. Have some respect. Her story makes me feel even more lucky and blessed to be able to have kids. I'll probley feel guilty when I get pregnant again, if she hasn't gotten pregnant by then.
    I'd lay down some rules too, for sure.

    Sorry, So not my place, but whatever, thats uncalled for.
    You deserve a baby and good health. We send you good vibes all the time. I know things will get better, one way or another.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Would just like to apologize for my language, I was angry, but stand by my words, if you're a coward you have to right to an opinion.

    ReplyDelete