Sunday, December 26, 2010

Skipped

Yesterday marked a momentous occasion. Yep, it was the first time I skipped writing a blog since the beginning of this whole thing. It felt weird, but in a not so bad way. And I had a good reason.

It's because I was visiting with the Evans women. It was so nice. I didn't really talk to Meagan one on one as much as I could have or should have, but I did get to talk about a lot of things that I needed to talk about with real live people. People who are there for me and will listen without judgement. People who will not try to give me stupid advice. It was awesome. Luckily Meagan will be in Anahuac for sure until May, so I'll be able to see her a lot more now.

Christmas this year wasn't the greatest, but I have to say that overall it was pretty decent. I meant to go to my Aunt Dawn's, but I was so tired on Christmas day that I fell asleep on the couch and they had me move to the bedroom. I slept for like two whole hours. See, I hadn't had much sleep the night before. My sister came over and was hysterical. Just crying her eyes out over missing our mom so much. I'm really not sure if anything I said to calm her down did much good for the long run, but I got her settled and sent her home to bed. I think the best part about my Christmas present to her was what she found on my old laptop. I deleted everything except the music and pictures, and she was sifting through and found some videos of both our mom and dad! It had their voices and everything. It was such a wonderful surprise for both of us. I had forgotten they were even on there. So now at least she can watch those videos when she's feeling down.

I'm somewhat disappointed in my family. It seems I'm the only one big enough to put aside any differences to spend Christmas together. I really hoped that everyone could just get along for one day. It's a stupid argument anyways, but that's all I'm gonna say about that aspect. All I'm saying is that we're adults. There's no reason to act childish and be separated from the ones we love on the Lord's day. Because we all do love each other. And do you really think that my mom would be happy with the way things have been going? Do you really think she would be proud that everyone was pissed off at everybody else, and on Christmas of all days? Probably not. So please, grow up and get over it everybody, because this shit blows. And that's all I have to say about the matter.

Anyways, we got a little red Dirt Devil vacuum from Uncle Tom and Aunt Tammy, and an Elvis clock from my Grandma, even though I didn't ask for anything at all. It was kinda funny cuz Keith's step dad said now at least I'll know what time to vacuum! Corny yes, but I liked it.

Jennifer came to visit us with Eric and the baby, Andrew. He is such a cutie! He's HUGE, but super cute nonetheless. He's four months old and weighs like 19 pounds. I know, holy crap, right? I'm so glad I got to have a visit with them as well.

I guess there's really not much else to report. So I guess I'm gonna go since I have to finish the laundry and stuff and junk.

No comments:

Post a Comment