Thursday, December 9, 2010

Wow.

Love the great things y'all said in my defense on yesterday's post. I still don't know who posted that first comment, but I feel like it was uncalled for. If they read so much that they feel comfortable enough to leave a comment, then 1.) they would KNOW everything we're going through and how it makes us feel, and 2.) they should've at least left a name so that I could tell them what a bitchy thing that was to say face to face. Also? They really need to work on their reading comprehension, because they obviously did not understand what I was trying to say. Being the author, I'm pretty sure that I was just trying to avoid tension with my family members and set up a way to approach the subject without any hurt feelings. But what do I know? I only wrote the post...

Michelle, thank you for understanding me. And Sara, thanks for bitching at Anonymous. It makes me feel good to know that I have great people who are there for me.

Guys. I got a full copy of my insurance policy today, and GUESS WHAT? They're not gonna cover shit. Seriously. They're considering everything pre-existing, so I'd have like a 12 month waiting period. Also, they don't cover "ANY services or supplies furnished in connection with the diagnosis and treatment of infertility, including but not limited to, diagnostic tests, medication, surgery, artificial insemination, in vitro fertilization, sterilization reversal, and gamete intrafallopian transfer." So to put it in terms we can all understand: I'm fucked. Not only will they not cover my current issues until 12 months is up, but they also won't help me have a baby. And should I by some miracle become pregnant, they will not cover maternity care or delivery, unless complications arise, and then they'll only cover treatment for the complications.

But the good news is that I can send the full policy back to Aetna within ten days and they'll consider it as cancelled and refund all of the money I've paid to them so far. So that'd be 2 to 3 months worth of premiums I'd get back. Anywhere from $490 to $735. Seriously need to do this. What's the point of paying for everything myself and still paying them? No point, right? Right. Now would be a good time to get a job that offers insurance. Insurance that includes fertility treatments. But where, oh where could I find such a job? Sigh...

We cancelled our subscription to cable today. I'm not really that sad about it. We don't watch a whole lot of tv, plus it was crappy cable anyways. It was always puzzling out or going black for periods of time. And when it wasn't doing that, it was all fuzzy or everything was the wrong color. So it's back to watching movies and playing video games for us. We did it for a year, I think we can handle it. Plus that's $100 less we have to spend each month.

Quick edit: Just wanted to let y'all know that while the D&C wasn't completely effective, I'm doing much better than I was. I'm still spotting everyday, but it's only very very light. Like one or two spots per day. I'm thinking that today is CD1, and it's great that I'm finally able to tell when a new period starts. I'm feeling much better too. Cramping went away after about two and a half weeks or so, but they're coming back now that I'm starting a new cycle.

Anywho, gotta go make tea and relax on the couch for a while. Check ya later.

9 comments:

  1. That's pretty sad that someone had to post that rude comment anonymously! I think you were trying to avoid conflict! Some people are just drama queens. *rolls eyes* Sorry you have to put up with that.

    I'm so sorry about your insurance :( It's totally unfair. Infertility should be treated like any other disease/disorder. I hope things start looking up for you guys & you can figure out a good plan soon.

    I wonder how much you could save in regards to how much you would need for treatment? Some places have medical financing or options for med donation, repayment plans, etc.

    That's a plus that your cycles are beginning to be more regular! Wishing you lots of luck and no drama ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, some people, huh? Maybe they'll stay away after what everyone said.

    I agree with that. Infertility means that your body is not functioning correctly or performing the way it was meant to perform. That's basically the case with most other diseases/disorders. I think I'm gonna just send it back, get my refund and be self pay. There are places that help with the cost, like you said. I'd need to find one, but I don't think it would be too hard.

    As for my cycles, according to what I've reasearched, with the endometritis (PID) I'd have blood in whatever discharge or mucus comes out of me anyways. The fact that it's so little now is what's making me happy. It's still there, but at least a thousand times less than before! Also, I think I may have ovulated. My chart shows a dip and then a very small shift. FF didn't register it, but it looks like one to me. Maybe the shift is so small because my hormones aren't exactly right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck finding a doc!

    I was looking at your chart, and it's a tricky one. I would guess O day as CD 13, but the higher temp on CD 11 is throwing me off. If AF is coming today, that would be a 10 day LP which is kinda normal! So yay! A little short, but it's a start.

    It's nice when your body starts to work! Even if it doesn't mean pregnancy :( That's the sucky part. We pretty much can't conceive (or stay pregnant) without medical help either. I know how frustrating that is.

    I always keep my fingers crossed for a miracle though (not just for me, but for everyone!). Strange and wonderful things do happen sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really? I was thinking maybe cd 9. Of all the times I've ever O'd,(which is only a handful of times) they've been early like that. I really don't know since my body is sooo confusing. Thank you for the input though! Every bit of advice is helpful when you have questions like mine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So that provider doesn't cover any maternity care period, or they won't cover maternity care because of your infertility? Regardless, that's awful. Insurance in general is way too expensive, and it doesn't cover what it should when it should. =/ Sorry to hear about that.

    Philip and I haven't had cable in over two years. We're never home enough to watch it, and when we are, we'd rather not be glued to the t.v. watching reruns. We have a basic Netflix package and we watch free shows on Hulu.com. I thought I would suffer withdrawal when we first canceled Direct T.V., but it's worked out pretty well for us. Plus, that $100 per month adds up quickly!

    Happy tea-drinking! Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. It doesn't cover maternity care period. No ultrasounds, no checkups, nada. Nor does it cover delivery. The only exceptions are if you have a complication such as pre eclampsia or gestational diabeetus or something of that nature. And then I think it would only cover a small amount. Not that I really have a reason to need that right now, but still.

    I actually grew up without cable. My parents could never afford it, so we just used a basic antenna and caught a few shows now and then. But we had a kickass movie library. Keith and I have a pretty impressive one as well. All alphabetized by yours truly. I only have a touch of OCD ;) And actually for the whole first year we lived together we didn't have cable. We just watched movies or played video games together, which is a good way to bond if you're nerdy like us :)

    Also, glad you decided to comment! I love comments!

    ReplyDelete
  7. No, you're CDO--it's OCD, but in the correct order. That's what I've been told. =) Well now that I know I don't have to get one of these things, I will have to say hi more often! -Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  8. You can also look to the bottom of the little drop down menu and find where it says Name/URL. You can actually enter your name in the form and it will appear above your post instead of having to sign it at the end.

    ReplyDelete