Monday, January 17, 2011

Sick!

I stayed home sick today. I must've caught something or eaten something bad. I was throwing up all last night and half of today. Blech. And my chest and throat both hurt from it.

For those of you that are interested, along with my spotting, my BBT (basal body temperature; google it) went down this morning. A lot. Pretty much guarantees that I'm not pregnant and that my period is coming. But thank you to all that held out hope with me! I guess I should be grateful that my body is working semi-right. And I am. But I can't help but want more than that. Le sigh. Oh well.

Actually, at this point I'm more interested in starting my period so I can begin anew with the next cycle. This one has been entirely too long, at a whopping 38 days so far! I haven't had one so long since high school. But then again, I ran a lot during school. And was super stressed out. I still am, but I really had a lot more on my plate back then. I have no idea how I ever managed.

College. School. Ugh. Sometimes I really hate reading Facebook status updates from friends of mine who are going to college right now. Not because I miss it all that much, because I don't. Mainly because they're so fucking arrogant and pretentious that it makes me seriously not like them anymore. Like really? I don't give a shit what school you go to, so stop pointing it out every five seconds. Yes. We know. Good job. Maybe that sounds rude, but you know what? I don't care.

I made my choices, and guess what? I'm happy with them. My life is a lot more stable than most other 21 year olds that I know. I used to live in their world of GPAs, class rank, and all that jazz. Why? Now that I think about it, I really don't know. I mean, I wanted to be a teacher, but there are so many new teachers coming out of college that there are hardly any jobs for them anymore. Also, I really used to love school until I realized I hated it. I always had my parents pushing me so hard to do this or do that, and once I got away from their "encouragement," I realized that all that stuff was not purely for me. That's what it's supposed to be about. You. It's your life. You don't have to live up to anyone's expectations but your own. It took me a long time to figure that one out, but I'm glad I did. And the good part is, whenever I'm ready for it, college will still be there waiting for me.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you're sick and sorry about the temp drop :-(

    I think you should be very proud! You seem very mature and better off than any 21 yr old I know! Good for you! Screw school. A lot of people don't get to use their degrees anyway :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's exactly what I'm saying! With the economy the way it is, the job market is really suffering and unemployment is high. Most places are actually cutting back and letting people go rather than hiring them on. I may not have a degree or the best job in the world, but at least I have one and I know I'll have it for as long as I want, provided we stay in business.

    ReplyDelete