Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Why? WHY?

Why did I do this to myself? I decided to take a different brand of hpt in the evening this time. Some ladies get better results in the evening. Another negative. I guess that means tomorrow I will try to remember to schedule an appointment since I'll be cd47. Which is fucking ridiculous. Pardon my language. Actually, I don't care, but I want to seem polite.

Anyways, where my PCOS ladies at? I has questions for you. Back in May or so, my ultrasound showed cysts on both ovaries, with possible PCOS. Do you think that this is an indicator of that? Or symptom? Or whatever you want to call it? My doc said my blood work always came back within the normal range, but I don't know...I feel off.  I'm thinking about calling to set up maybe some blood work and another ultrasound. I'll have to go through a completely new doc. Do you think that they would do that right off the bat for a new patient? Also, do you think that he would prescribe something to help me start? Provera maybe? I'm interested in trying Provera and then Clomid.

Also, one last question. Did you ever try changing your diet and adding in exercise? Did it alleviate anything or did you notice any significant changes? I changed mine up completely and started doing 30 minutes of cardio a day back in May and all it did was help me lose 20 pounds. I started eating "regular" (and by regular, I mean carbs) food again and have gained almost ten of it back in the last 2 or 3 months.

Sorry for being so needy with all the questions. I just really hate the way my body has given me so much shit in the past two years. Why can I not just work right? Why couldn't I just get pregnant on accident like my sister? Fuck.

11 comments:

  1. Well, I have PCOS and I'm on CD 112 so I'm not going to be much help... but I thought I see if I could help a little... It sounds like you for sure have PCOS and I think if you tell your new doctor that you believe you have PCOS they should test it right away for you.

    On the dieting question... My doctor put me on metphormin to help with my insulin restance (lovely gift from PCOS) and that it should help me loose weight, however, its been extremly hard. They say if you loose %10 of you body weight your odds for conceiving goes up...

    I hope that helped a little. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It did help a little. But jeez, 112? You're probably wondering why I'm going on so much! But really, I'm at about twice my normal cycle lenght. I say "normal." What I mean is normal since I had a D&C in November. When I had my u/s and blood work in May, we were trying to determine why I was having my period EVERY DAY! So I don't think my doctor really looked into the "possible pcos" as much as she should have.

    So since taking hormones and having a D&C, my cycles have been about 24 days, not continuous like they were. But now AF is nowhere to be found :(

    As for weight, I don't necessarily need to lose any, I've just noticed that it's a lot easier for me to gain it than lose it in the past two years. I have no idea if I have insulin resistance or not. Guess I need some answers, huh?

    Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I hope your doctor can work with you and figure all this stuff out. :) Good Luck.

    Oh and I gave you an award. Come check it out...
    (thechapmannest.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My blood work used to come back negative for PCOS. I had irregular cycles, the traditional belly fat, excessive hair, the occasional cyst- all leading the doctor to believe I had PCOS, but then not knowing what to say when all my hormones were in the normal range. Four months ago, more blood work finally supported PCOS after two years of normal blood tests. That's just my experience, and I have no clue how it makes sense. I just bring it up, because I believe I have had PCOS for a long long time, but my bloods only appeared abnormal recently.

    As far as weight loss, PCOS definitely makes it much more difficult to loose weight- and much easier to gain. Carbs are the problem, aren't they? (I love carbs!!)

    Hope the doc helps you to end this cycle soon, and get started on a fresh one!

    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't have PCOS, however, i did have cysts on both ovaries. I had them removed, then was diagnosed with cancer. They removed THAT and informed me that I probably wouldn't have kids. Apparently my body though different. My daughter was a surprise (i don't like the word accident.) My best advice i have, is STOP STRESSING! your body will never act normal if you're constantly stressing about all of this. Have a date night with the husband and swear off baby/ period talk. you'll be amazed at how easy it is to talk to someone when you don't feel pressured by baby fever. I know its hard and it seems like the only thing that matters right now, but its not. take a look around, I'll bet you can find at least a hundred other wonderful things in your life. Life has an interesting way of surprising you. Just live :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. :-( I'm sorry for the BFN. Hugs. Can you take Metformin? Or do you already?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vicky, I'm kinda wondering if maybe that's the case with me. The weight I gain seems to be in my tummy. I don't really have excessive body hair except on my stomach, which is weird. I do have acne and right now it is really flaring up.

    Apryl, as for the word accident I feel that it's ok since it doesn't necessarily imply that it was a mistake, merely that it didn't happen on purpose. The not stressing out thing might have something to it, but I don't really know. I think that if you have something wrong with your body you're going to stress whether you want to or not and I'm not sure that relaxing or ignoring the issue will make it any better. I do appreciate the advice to go out and have fun though. We go out every couple of weeks and have a great time! I know it doesn't seem like it, but my every thought isn't about babies. Don't get me wrong, there are lots of them that are, but this is just the place where I feel most comfortable discussing it. Wow, that was a long response! I hope you don't think I'm trying to be contradictory because I'm not. I just had a lot to say :)

    Lisa, I've never taken metformin because I've never been diagnosed with insulin resistance. I'm thinking about having a test run for that as well though, since I seem to show slight symptoms occasionally.

    I really do appreciate all of the comments, ladies! I have the best readers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have always had normal bloodwork, but my new RE diagnosed me with PCOS because my sonogram showed a bunch of little cyst, they call a string of pearls. He said many women have normal bloodwork, but still have POCS. Irregular cycles is a good indication that you have it. So I would definately ask your new doctor.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have PCOS and the belly fat is a key sign!!! Set up a blood test after fasting for 12 hours or more and then they will tell if you have insulin resistance (IR). I didn't have IR, just cysts, belly fat and hair. Every woman with PCOS is different with different symptoms so you may have a mild case.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have PCOS and it was only found in the blood work. I never had the cysts in any ultrasound, and only learned about the condition because the hormones were skewed.

    BTW, I am also Insulin Resistant, overweight, and had the facial hairs and irregular periods.

    This last summer, I went on a diet of sorts. I started counting calories, walking regularly, and cut back on carbs that would spike my blood sugar. I managed to lose almost 30 lbs, and my system managed to level off enough to have regular cycles and ovulate.

    I'd check in with the doctor again and see if they can confirm anything else for you. I got lucky somehow, but it took almost 2 years of trying to figure it all out.

    ReplyDelete