Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Ahh, Relaxation, Here I Come!

If there's one piece of advice I'd give to every woman it's this: Take time at least once every month, maybe every two months, and pamper yourself somehow. Whether you take a relaxing bath with some candles and great tunes, get a massage (some chiropractor's offices offer them for around $20 for 1 hour, and some will even take your health insurance if it's included in your policy!), hanging out with girlfriends, a nice dinner, or even buying yourself a cute new top. Granted, some of that stuff is bound to be cheaper than others. But whichever way you decide to do it, you'll thank me for giving you such great advice. As we speak, I'm devising a plan to relax in the tub with some soothing music, maybe some bath salt, some candles, and probably a home made sugar scrub. You can make a great sugar scrub at home using only two ingredients: regular cane sugar, and some olive oil. It exfoliates and nourishes. Here's my recipe:
  • Sugar
  • Olive oil
  • Aloe vera gel
  • Some kind of essential oil, for scent
Very simple, and very cheap. But it's great, trust me. Relaxing is a big issue for me right now. People tell couples who are trying to conceive to relax all the time. It's so annoying. But it's true that it could help, as high levels of stress can delay or prevent ovulation. Stress is probably not what's messing me up right now, but it sure isn't helping. So in addition to reading, blogging, crocheting, and singing my heart out, I'm going to start doing some cheap things to make myself feel relaxed, beautiful, feminine, and sexy. It can only help me at this point!

Yesterday's post had plenty of comments, which is nice. One in particular made me feel....I don't know. Not mad, but slightly irritated. I'm sure if you read them you'll know exactly which. Mainly because I called them out about it. When I decided to start this blog, I had a discussion with myself over whether or not I'd use real names. I decided that since I was going to make it public to my friends and family that I would. This person was saying that I shouldn't use people's real names because it isn't anybody's business. This is understandable. And it would apply, if only the situation was more private. But sadly, it is not. Everyone knows everyone's business in our family and in the town of Anahuac. Those are mainly the people that read this blog anyways. People that already know. And besides, if I say someone's name in the blog and they specifically ask me to take it out, I will. But until then, I will say all the names I want. Free country that this is, and all. And besides, if you're going to criticize, at least have the courage to put your name in the post! Jeez!

Infertility. Let's talk a bit about it. Please feel free to answer these questions, either on my facebook or in the comments. Leave your name somewhere. Are you aware that there is a huge number of couples who suffer from infertility? Who, besides me, do you know that has been affected by infertility? What do you know about infertility besides what I post on my blog? Can you imagine yourself being infertile? Is there anything you wish you could learn more about, such as treatments, conditions, doctors, medications, etc.? What do you know about male factor infertility? The reason I ask is because there are so many people that are not educated about such issues. Mainly fertile women, but there are plenty of women who are infertile and don't know anything about these things. If you have any questions, I might be able to help you. If not, I could probably point you to a website or article that can. Just try not be afraid to talk to your doctor if you think something is wrong. I know I always feel about eight years old when I go to my gyno's office. The main thing is to be prepared to ask questions and to make things happen. If you're going for a certain issue, have a close friend or relative help you write a list of questions or issues that you might want to talk about with your doctor. Or, if they're available the day of the appointment, see if they'll go with you to talk to the doctor after your exam. You'd be surprised at how much you can benefit from having some moral support and a second pair of ears in the room.

But I guess I'm off for now. Gotta go spoil myself!

6 comments:

  1. Dont let people bring you down.......I actually loved u using my name on ur blog.....it made me feel special!!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am so so so scared i will be infertile, i dont know why, i just have a feeling i will be. my mom tried for 12 years so have me, and i have such irregular cycles i am afraid i wont have children. i am sure that i could just go to the gyno and they could tell me if its all in my head, but i am just not emotionally ready to find out. so thanks for this post tonight blossom, you just make me feel like i am not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome! Please don't be afraid! It's probably something that is an easy fix. Don't let it go on for too long, because even simple things can have a big impact over time. I've never ever been regular, but I never had the courage to speak up when I went to the doctor, or if I did they just blew me off. But I've gotten a little older, a little braver, and a whole lot more educated, so I'm working on being really adamant with my doc about tests and treatments. You're definitely not alone. Anywhere between 1 in 4 and 1 in 7 couples suffer from infertility at some point. Try to hope for the best, but prepare for the worst and head to the doctor. You'll thank yourself in the end, trust me! And if you need any encouragement, I'm here for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always love reading you're blogs, First off like I say, "If you do not like WHAT or WHO I am talking about, DON'T read my stuff PLAIN and simple!" lol So they just need to stop reading if they will get offended by what is said on you're personal blog, and I agree that the pampering every once in a while is great! I am always spending on my kids and so every now and then I will just go and get myself something nice or do something for myself and it's always a good feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol I feel the same way. It's not like I force anyone to read it (only sometimes). And I just want to be clear that I wasn't trying to attack Anonymous Criticizer, I just wanted to make my thoughts on the issue known. My body scrub is the best! You feel soooooo smooth all over! And it paid off cuz Keith couldn't keep his hands off me! ;)

    ReplyDelete