Friday, August 20, 2010

Gotta Hurry!

Gotta make this one quick, guys. Dinner's in the oven. What's on the menu? Chicken breast stuffed with bacon, sausage, garlic, onions, and topped with cheese. Smells freakin delicious.

Had a really nice day at work today. I went out of my way to be nice to everyone, including the annoying people. We talked about insurance and I basically let her prattle on and on about everything in general. We get along better that way. Anyways, insurance. I think I've picked one. For real this time. I'm not faking you out. And I'm really excited. I guess I'll call my agent on Monday and let him know. Or maybe just email him today, whichever.

I'm making some progress on baby Andrew's blanket. (Andrew is not my baby. He's my nephew.) It looks really cute and the colors Jen picked look so nice together. You don't think that they'd look good at first, but now that the blanket is actually being made, they look great! I'm really happy about the way it's turning out. I cannot wait to start on my little sister's! Not sure if I'm allowed to post her baby girl's name yet, but it doesn't matter because I'm probably going to call her Teeny anyways. But the one I'm going to do for my little sis is going to be round! YAY round! I'm not sure why, but every time I see a crocheted blanket, it's a square. Round seems like it would be way easier to make. Don't have to worry about corners that way. But maybe when I get them finished I'll try to figure out how to post some pics. Who knows, maybe someone will see them and request one for themselves! I'd totally do it, for a small fee which would include shipping price. Maybe I should crochet a shitload of blankets and learn how to make matching hats and booties. Then I could start a store on Etsy or something. Yeah. That would be badass.

Tomorrow is my last day of work and then I'll be on vacation until the 30th! I'll go back to work the 31st. My boss is super nice and is closing up shop for the week so that everyone can have some time off. But maybe I'm giving him too much credit. He's only closing up because he and his wife want to ride his motorcycle around Colorado. Whatever. Vacation is vacation, right? Right. Anyways, I'm excited because my Kerri (little sis) and Jon (her 18 month old boy) are gonna come up on the 24th and stay until we take them home on the 28th. A lot is actually happening during vacation. I have a doc appointment on the 24th, same time and place as Kerri, but for different reasons. She's having a pregnant thing, I'm going to hopefully get hormones. That bitch better not make me wait two weeks. I KNOW I'm not pregnant. I don't ovulate. Just give me the damn fucking hormones, assholes! Ok, anyways. And then probably the next day we'll all head to the lake since Keith has Wednesdays off. Who knows what we'll do Thursday and Friday. Saturday we take Kerri and baby Jon home to Anahuac, and then jet on over to Dayton for Keith's cousin Andrea's wedding. Yay family! And then Sunday we'll probably BBQ at his mom's house. So freakin busy. But it sounds like it's gonna be lots of fun.

All in all, I had a pretty great day today. Those are few and far between, so I'm really grateful that I didn't let my fucked up hormones/crazy bi-polar depression get the best of me. Don't get me wrong, there were a couple times when I could've gone nuts, but I didn't. It was hard. Anyways, I better sign off for now. It's time that I actually pay some attention to cooking dinner. Sayonara!

No comments:

Post a Comment