So I know I said it would be within an hour like an hour and a half ago, but Keith turned me into a liar. (I'm just kidding. I was already a liar.) He forced me to exercise. I know. You're thinking "Omg, what a controlling bitch of a husband," but no. It's great. I need someone to bitch slap me into working out. (Never fear. There was no actual bitch slapping. No bitches were harmed in the making of this blog.) I only worked out for 10 minutes, but it's a start. Now I just need to get back on my super healthy diet. Please start sending me pictures of sexy bikini bodies to make me jealous and motivate me to workout more. Or you could just send chocolate. How will this help? It won't, but it sure will taste good!
I brought my guitar to the music store in town to get it restrung. I'm such an idiot that I left it in the truck all day while I was at work, so the neck was all warped from the heat when I brought it in. Luckily Scott (the music store man who asked for a piece of gum. It was my last piece. I gave it to him anyways.) is a nice guy, so the strings, the neck adjust, and putting the strings on will cost me around $45. Yaaay! And he said there's an 18 year old kid that does lessons there once or twice a week or something like that. I may look into it, but I want to suck less before I start lessons. Stupid. I know. But that's just how I roll. Anyways, I played for 30 minutes last night, just to do a quick brush up. Omfg, my fingers HURT!!! Like, a ridiculous amount. It hurts to type. And to run them under hot water. Owie.
So that's 2 goals I've started on. The others will follow, slowly but surely.
We've started looking into health insurance. Neither of our employers offer health care as far as we know. Bimbo (Mrs. Baird's) might, but I'm not sure if they offer it to independent operators (which is what Keith is) or not. He has Allstate insurance for the bread truck, but they only offer supplemental health care, which basically means that they just fill in the gaps that your regular health care leaves, I think. Suckage. So, if anyone has any advice on affordable, reliable health care that will also help pay for diagnostic/fertility thingies, then please let me know. I'm not looking for something that will cover IVF, just something that will pay for some tests (laparoscopy, hystersalpingogram, hormone panels, clomid, etc.) and maybe a treatment or two. I have a feeling that things are going to start getting pretty expensive in the next year or two, and I really don't want to keep paying so much out of pocket. Because that blows. Hard.
I stopped taking my supplements and such. I'm hoping that my doc will go ahead and give me hormones on the 24th and I probably shouldn't keep taking things that may interfere with that. Although, I could probably still take my prenatals. But I'm really, really sick of taking pills. They make me want to punch babies. I'm wondering if my doc will prescribe hormones in pill form or what. I guess I could deal with pills. Much better than stinky creams or suppositories. Oh, and my sister and I have appointments on the same day, at the same time, at the same doctor's office. I'm really hoping to confuse the shit out of someone. Because I'm a dick that way. And come on, hilarious!
Ok, I've really been thinking about the next steps for fertility testing. (OH! And while I'm thinking about it, how long does one have to wait to get some tests done after getting health insurance? I've heard that some providers make you wait a year before they will cover fertility issues. But constant bleeding would be more of a health thing, right? So maybe they would cover some diagnostic testing....?) I think that I'm going to ask for a copy of my hormone bloodwork. I know the doc said that it looked ok, but I want to see the numbers for myself. I want to do some definitive testing to see whether or not I for sure have PCOS. And I want a glucose tolerance test. I show an alarming amount of insulin resistance symptoms. They're pretty bad. Once I get the results of all of that, maybe we could do a lap. But maybe in the mean time we could do the hormones to see if they stop my bleeding. I hope they do. I figure if it works, we can wait for one cycle. And then when I start my period for the second time after hormones, maybe we can do some CD3 bloodwork and maybe think about Clomid if my hormones seem ok. Oh, and somewhere in there Keith can get a semen analysis, if I can force him to do it. Does that sound like a good plan? It sounds ok to me. Expensive, but not impossible. (See why I need health insurance?) Do you think I'll have the guts to tell my doc that this is what I want to do, dammit? Me neither. But wish me lots of luck anyways.
Girly, I don't know what to say except been there done that and with out insurance it sucks balls really badly. On the insurance thing you also have to watch out for whether they cover a previously diagnosed issues too. I really hope it all works out for you and Keith. Good luck on getting him in to be tested I tried getting Bill to go but that never happened. Love you blog by the way keep up the good work.
ReplyDeleteTechnically I haven't been diagnosed as of yet. But in the email to my insurance guy I included the specific things I'm looking for. I told Keith he absolutely has to go eventually. I'm sure I'll get him there. Thank you for the comment :) I'll be writing a post later tonight.
ReplyDelete