My hair follicle is sooo much better today! I think it will be healed by tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest. I'm so so so glad because it hurt like a bitch to do anything. Including washing, brushing, and drying my hair. Also touching my head/hair in any way or making certain facial expressions hurt too. So you can imagine how relieved I am now that it's getting better. And just to let you all know, 100% tea tree oil is stinky. I don't mind the smell of my tea tree soap since it's so diluted, but the pure oil is like ewie.
Kerri and my aunt are having problems. Not as much as before, but it's still there. Basically Aunt D and her family are living in the trailer that my mom bought from Keith's aunt. So is Kerri and her family. We all know that two families cannot get along together in the same house. That shit just ain't gonna happen. So things have been tense, to say the least. It's not really my business, but it kind of is since they keep involving me in it. But I just want to give my opinion on some things that could maybe make it a little easier for them to live together until they can move:
- Turn shit off when you're not using it. This means lights, TVs, computers, fans, everything. If you're not using it, you're just wasting electricity and running up the bills.
- Take turns buying and making dinner. Try to make one meal that everyone can agree on. One person should not be choosing every night. And making two meals is stupid.
- Do not waste food. Eat what's on your plate. Save leftovers and eat them for lunch the next day.
- Take turns cleaning the kitchen after dinner. The exception would be if you didn't eat there. If you didn't make the mess, you shouldn't have to clean it up.
- Set down some rules and everyone obey them. Including children. Especially children. If the rules are broken, then punish them somehow. Do not give in.
- Make a chore list and assign chores to everyone. Including children. Make sure they are done. If not, there should be punishment.
- If you have a problem with someone, talk to them calmly and as politely as you can about it. Like adults. Do not post dumb shit on facebook or gossip to anyone. Settle it between yourselves.
- And last, but not least, find a way to compromise whenever possible. Being stubborn won't get you anywhere.
And guess what? Caffer's mom lives here in Jasper! I love when people I already know move close to me. And she texted me today. It was such a nice surprise. She's a pretty cool lady.
We delivered to the Burger Barn today. They're the ones that I gave two week's notice to last week. They're trying to play the sympathy card on us again. That's how they got us last time. And they still weren't very appreciative. But anyways, we've been trying to get them to meet us at another store for like the past 8 months, but they always refused. It's like 15 miles out of our way every Monday. That translates to anywhere between 30 and 45 minutes in the bread truck. So inconvenient. But now that I told them that we have to drop them because of costs, they are so ready to meet us at another store to get bread. Of course. They just don't want to call anyone else to deliver to them because we sell buns and bread to them cheap.
It's so ridiculous that it's just now getting dark outside. I'm so mother effing tired and miserable. Woke up at like 3:30 AM and felt nauseous on and off all damn day. It was the absolute worst. I really thought I was going to puke several times today. I almost did, too. I know if I would've gone into the bathroom or behind a building or something, it totally would've happened. But I resisted. I felt better after I ate a bit, but it only lasted about 4 hours. Maybe I really do need to get a glucose tolerance test. This is getting kinda bad. Maybe I should be on medicine for it. I dunno. I'll ask my doc about it when I go back on the 13th. And speaking of doctors, my insurance agent hasn't said whether or not our application was accepted. I'm kinda worried. We need that insurance. Blah. But enough worrying. I think I'm going to go watch Footloose on CMT and crochet some more on Jen's blanket.
i agree on your list! but i would have to say that it would have to be the PARENT of the child to decide how to punish the munchkin. if my man's family ever punished my kids, i think i may come unscrewed! i sure hope you get your insurance!!
ReplyDeleteoh, and i went and got insteadcups to try them after you post. i guess you have to get used to them, i have had a few leaks but i like them better than tampons!
Yeah, definitely the parent would punish the kid. Glad you tried the cups. If younger it juuuust right it won't leak and you won't even notice it! And who is this? Lol it just says anonymous!
ReplyDeleteDang. I meant if you get it just right lol.
ReplyDeleteGlad your head is doing better and yes the tea tree is strong smelling but so good for the scalp when it comes to things like that. I use it for my major dry scalp. I agree with your list too...most of all need to talk to each other and not to others or on Facebook post that just makes it worse. Oh and I love the instead cup, had thought about using them for sometime because I just don't like tampons and having to wear a pad was causing a rash. Thanks for reminding me about them.
ReplyDeleteI agree with certain aspects of what you are saying.
ReplyDeleteUnfortunately,everything you say doesn't always work.It may work for one day,or it may work for a week. I would have not put names in your blog,Because it is no one's business to whom you refer.
the top one is me hannah! lol i am still getting the hang of this :)
ReplyDeleteAnonymous #3, everyone who reads this blog already knows of the situation, so they would know who I'm talking about anyways. Besides, they post about it on their facebook. And it's not exactly private when they tell anyone about it who will listen.
ReplyDeleteHey Kris it's Brandy and I live in a 2 family home and it is not always easy and we have our share of problems to say the least and we do alot of those things you suggested and it does help. But since everyone in the house works excpet for me I do most of the cleanin and cooking, but I like it that away beacuse I am a control freak. I have the children chore charts as well and they follow them and are rewarded at the end of the week with allowance which we take turns paying. And since I do most of the cleaning & cooking my mother in law does alot for me she spoils me with dinner out and takes me shopping. I displine all the kids her 11 and my 8 ys old, but I have her permission.
ReplyDeleteYeah. Most of those things are just starting points. I know all of them won't necessarily work, but it wouldn't hurt to try. I don't think disciplining others children is such a bad thing as long as you have permission. I used to spank Kristen and Travis when they were little, but I had permission.
ReplyDelete