Yep. First blog. It's like the first time you meet a new person: kind of unsure of yourself, maybe a bit awkward...
But who am I kidding? I'm always awkward. And loud. Very loud.
Anyways, I know what you're thinking: "Oh great, here's another craptastic blog from someone who's just going to whine about being infertile. Doesn't she know that she could just relax and it will happen? What a dumbass." Well guess what? You're absolutely right (except not about the relaxing part)! Kind of. You'll also get to read about...well...whatever the hell else I feel like posting.
I guess maybe you'd like me to introduce myself. I'm Kris, 21, and I'm newly married to Keith, the funniest guy alive. I've known him my entire life, and we were engaged for a year and a half before we got married. I've always known that I want just about a bajillion kids, so in June of last year, we moved into our new apartment and began the "not preventing" phase of TTC. I was having a bit of trouble with my cycles, but then again, I always have. So after four months, we stepped it up and began actively TTC. And that's when the shit hit the proverbial fan. My body started FREAKING OUT! As in, big time. My cycles became shorter and shorter and shorter, and fast forward to now, it's been discovered that I'm all cyst-y and just totally effed up. Possible PCOS and insulin resistance, low hormones, rarely ovulate, and menometrorrhagia, which basically means I have my period all the time. We tried birth control for a while, much to my dismay, but it didn't do shit but make it worse.
So...what now? Well, my doc has talked about giving me hormones as a treatment, but I've heard crappy things about the side effects. So Keith and I have decided to take a more herbal approach. May or may not be a good thing. But we're both more agreeable to this course of action. For now.
Meanwhile, my sister, who is now 18, has an 18 month old boy and a girl due in October. October is going to be a shit month. I can feel it. The arrival of a cute new baby (that does NOT belong to me) right at the one year mark of TTC. Greeaaaaat.
I guess that's just about it for now, as I'm sure I'm boring all zero of you readers.
No comments:
Post a Comment