We did it! We put down half of the down payment today and signed the contract for 9.08 acres! It's about 6 miles outside of Jasper on CR 278 in a fairly rural area. The agency owns it, so the financing is through them, which is good. And they've already had it surveyed and made sure there were no title issues of back taxes and everything. So we pretty much have no extra expenses. Not even a closing cost. All we have to pay is the second half of the down payment at closing and like a $75 fee to file the paperwork with the courthouse. AND since the property is literally covered with pines, we get an agricultural tax break, which is already in effect and will remain unless we cut them all down! SCORE!!!
It was super easy. I almost don't believe that we did it. It's such a huge step for us! But we will be paying like $330 a month for like the next 15 years. We're gonna have lots of cheap dinners, I can see it now. Tonight I went and got a Grande Nacho from Casa Ole to celebrate. So carby, but so worth it! We shared it and STILL couldn't finish the whole thing!
So even though my period is freaking out and just getting heavier and I'm having horrid cramps and my BBT is staying in the same range, I'm on a huge and very wonderful emotional high! SQUEEEEE!!!
Wooohoo! Congrats!!
ReplyDeleteWonderful! Many congratulations!
ReplyDelete