Sunday, October 31, 2010

Makin Plans

Today we talked a lot about what we're gonna do with the land. Are we gonna get a mobile home? Are we gonna build? We don't know.

We're both leaning towards building. It has a more permanent feel to it and it would last a lot longer than a mobile home. Obviously that's what permanent means. What I meant is that if we build, hopefully we won't have to replace floors that give out or crappy walls/roof like sometimes happens with trailers/mobile homes. I'm so over that.

Anyways, building. If we do decide to build, we think that we may try to find someone to do the shell and possibly the mechanics (wiring, plumbing, hvac) and just finish everything else ourselves. It wouldn't be extremely hard, just time consuming. And hopefully we could get some family members out every once in a while to help us out.

With the restrictions, a house has to be at least 1,000 square feet, a trailer has to be 800, you're only allowed to have 1 house per 7 acres, but you can have a guest house. I don't think there are any restrictions for the guest house as far as size goes. But the reason I'm bringing it up is because I'm wondering. I wonder if maybe they'd let us put up a guest house and live in it until we completed construction of the main house. The reason I ask is because Lowe's sells outdoor buildings that are 16x24 and they're two story. That's 768 square feet. Just a few shy of 800. Wonder if they'd let us slide for the duration of construction? I mean, it's not like I wanna live there forever. Less than a year and a half, for sure.

I don't know. All I'm saying is that I want to get out of these apartments and out on our land as soon as possible without doing a half assed job of everything. We still have a LOT of land to clear, especially with the way we want things done. Which is awesomely, of course.

Anyways, I'm off of here for the night. Better take something to help me sleep since my mind is running 90 to nothing, thinking of house plans.

1 comment:

  1. Lots of possibilities! I'm anxious to hear what you decide to do!

    ReplyDelete