Thursday, October 7, 2010

One Step Forward, Two Steps Back

Yesterday was a great day for hormones. Only had a bit of pink twice. Today was even better. Nothing, and I mean nothing, at all. Until about an hour ago, that is. And it came back with a vengeance. Not a couple of spots or anything that would have been totally acceptable. Nope. That's just not my luck. It's basically the same as it was a week ago. Which sucks. So. Bad. Hence the title.

Here I was, thinkin I had it made in the shade for the next few days. Although this cold just be a fluke, like Keith thinks it is. I'm not so sure, but then again I'm totally pessimistic when it comes to my reproductive organs. I feel like I'm taking these pills for no reason most of the time. But they HAVE done something, so that's good. I guess I'll do a short review of how things have gone.

Estrogen Pros:
  • Nicer person all the way around.
  • No more horribly painful sex.
  • Slightly increased sex drive
Estrogen Cons:
  • Oral thrush (which has actually gone away after taking acidophilus and lots of antiseptic mouthwash.)
  • Didn't really do shit for my period.
  • Slightly more emotional/sensitive.
  • Tiny white pimples on face and neck. More an annoyance than anything else.
Progesterone Pros:
  • Whoa, whoa, whoa. Sex crazed.
  • Slowed the flow down by a lot.
Progesterone Cons:
  • Horribly bitchy.
  • Raging temper.
  • I hate everyone most of the time.
  • Pimples on back and some on face.
  • Hasn't completely stopped my period, but I can't complain too much since it's been way less.
So there ya have it. That's what the hormones have been doing. Not a lot in the way of period, but they've certainly fixed the sex issues, which is another reason why they were prescribed to me.

As far as the bleeding goes, I'm thinking of having another ultrasound done before I decide to do a D&C. That's a dilation and curettage, for those of you who don't know. It's when they dilate your cervix and use a tool and go into your uterus and take samples of the lining. They also use this method in early abortions, which I would never ever have, but that's not the issue here. In my case they'd be taking samples and running tests on them. Basically like a biopsy. I'm not explaining that one. Just google it. ANYWAYS, I think another ultrasound would be good to check the thickness of my endometrium and double check for any fibroids or polyps. I'll also probably get a second opinion at an RE's office. (Reproductive Endocrinologist.)

But I'm off. Here's hoping that tonight's bleeding is just a fluke....

No comments:

Post a Comment