So today was long. Or at least it felt long. I actually slept in a bit today, but I did lots.
We were going to go to Anahuac yesterday for Keith's ten year reunion, but then decided not to. But then we decided that we wanted to go anyways. So we did. We got into town last night around 9 and went to visit my aunt and uncle at their new house. Also to consume alcohol. We had fun drinking and talking politics (Nobama), then we ate some pizza and went back to Keith's mom's house. We pretty much went straight to bed.
We woke up this morning and we were just appalled by the state the house was in. Violet has been staying at the hospital with her husband Mat for weeks. He had lung surgery and has been in ICU, on and off of life support. Mat's son Adam has been home doing nothing all week. Actually, he's been making a huge mess. Violet comes home every few days, cleans Adam's mess, and then goes back to the hospital. This time the mess was awful. Just horrendous. So Keith drove Adam to Memorial Hermann and picked Violet up and brought her to lunch. During this time we cleaned the house.
There were gnats all over the place. Some of the dished had maggots. The laundry room was full of trash and the cat litter hadn't been changed in a very long time. There were dried chihuahua poop rocks everywhere and dried puddles of pee. Adam and his girlfriend had cooked several dinners and didn't wash one single dish. The fridge was full of disgusting leftovers. They didn't clean one thing up at all. So I went into Baytown and picked up a ton of cleaning supplies, called up my Aunt Denise and the neighbor Cathy, and we went to town. I washed dishes today that almost made me vomit. We used a ton of bug spray, Lysol, and Febreeze. It took us a good couple of hours, but in the end we got the place cleaned up and smelling nice. It made us so happy to see her come home and be able to just relax on the couch.
I'm just so horrified at how lazy they were this entire week. Adam won't even stay more than one night at the hospital with his dad. It's sad, and I know that one day he's going to regret the way he's acting now. But the point is that we got it clean.
The other highlight of the day is that we brought my baker's rack and antique Singer cabinet sewing machine to Violet's. She's going to hold on to them for me so that they don't get ruined over at my sister's house. They had them just sitting in the yard and were going to SCRAP the sewing machine for money! Can you freaking believe that? Maybe if her boyfriend would get a real freaking job they'd have money. But I don't want to get started on that right now. My sister disappointed me very much this weekend and I just don't want to think about it at the moment. You know what you did cuz I told you not to several times. Irresponsible, that's what that is.
And lastly, I have my doctor's appointment tomorrow. Ready to get that crap over with and possibly get procedures scheduled.
I'm pretty sure that's it for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment