Monday, October 25, 2010

What a Waste of Gas

So. I drove two hours to go to my doctor's appointment today. Funny story. I thought it was at 1:45, so I got there at 1:20ish. No. It was at 2:45. Luckily I was hungry and didn't mind driving the one block to Chick Fil A. I invited my cousin Jenny, but she couldn't meet me because her very pregnant sister was visiting. Lots of women would've just gone through the drive through and had their lunch in their vehicle. Not me. I didn't really mind sitting alone. I ate and then read my book for a little while until it was time to go back to the doc's office. Even though the restaurant was kind of busy, it was still nice to sit there and have a little bit of "me time."

Anyways, the appointment. After sitting in the waiting room for 20 minutes, and then the exam room for 30, I saw the doctor. Not my usual doctor. But she was still nice, maybe not really friendly like my doctor, but nice. Anyways, she asked me questions about my menstrual history and treatments we've done, told me my blood work all came back great, and then gave me two options. She said I can either take progesterone only from days 1-12 for the next 3 months and if that doesn't work then do the D&C. Or I could just go straight to the D&C. That's what I decided to do. Why should I do more hormones when they didn't work last time? Right? Right. So I asked a few questions and clarified that for no reason would I take birth control after the D&C. I said if they want to try me on hormones when my uterus is all empty and fresh, then that's cool. I can do that. But no BC.

EDIT: The way she explained it is that my endometrium is maturing in different stages. Normally, when the lining sheds, the first day of your period, one side will shed. The second day, another part will shed. And so on and so forth until there is no lining left to slough off. Then it all starts maturing again from scratch. She said that most likely mine is maturing in different sections. So maybe the left side is maturing while the right side is shedding and everything is taking turns shedding and it's going on forever and ever. She said that they don't always know what causes it, but that there's an excellent chance that the D&C will help each section start maturing at the same time.

So she said we'll do a hysteroscopy and a D&C. We didn't schedule it because she wants my regular doctor to go ahead and do that. But she did say that they'd pick out several dates and let me choose one of them. Hopefully they can give me one on a Wednesday morning since I'll need someone to drive me home after the procedures are done. I could always have someone from Anahuac drive me from Baytown to their house, but I don't want to stay the night anywhere but at my own house. Besides, I would be so lonely without Keith to hold me. But my point is that we could've discussed all of this over the phone.

We called a guy about a 9 acre plot about 8 miles from where we live now. We're gonna take a look at it on Wednesday to see if we like it, then give him a call and start working things out to see if we can get it financed. We'll see. I'll let y'all know how that goes when it rolls around.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you have to get a D&C, but I've heard that it helps immensely and many women are extra fertile afterwards. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the D&C. I had one after I had a miscarriage before I had Steven. It wasn't too bad. I went home the same day and that was over 20 years ago. Hopefully this is the thing you need to push your body in the right direction. Hope it all goes well.

    ReplyDelete