It was pretty much your basic procedure. I had to take off all of my clothes and put on a hospital gown, some yellow hospital socks, and a blue hair cap thingy. It was freakin cold! Then they came and put in my IV using pretty much the thickest needle ever. I'm not scared of needles at all, but it hurt like a MoFo. For REAL! And then we just watched tv for an hour.
| Here's the lovely bruise from the GIANT IV. |
I walked back to the operating room with the nurse and Keith went to sit in the waiting room. I'll admit, the OR was kind of intimidating. Exactly like something you see on tv. Also, freezing cold. So they got me all set up with monitors and warm blankets and such. Then they gave me anesthesia. I was out in literally about five seconds. And then I woke up about an hour later.
The doctor told Keith that during the hysteroscopy she found what was either an old blood clot or a polyp. She said she couldn't really tell what it was, but she removed it during the D&C. She also didn't tell him what size it was. I'm sure pathology will tell us what it was when I go back for my follow up in a week or two. And I'll also ask her how big it was. I want to know in the worst way. Also, we can't have sex for 6 weeks. Six. Whole. Weeks. That means December 22! So I guess I won't be pregnant for Christmas. But hopefully sometime soon after the beginning of the new year. If I'm not after a couple months of regular cycles (God, please let them be NORMAL for once!) then I'll maybe ask for another ultrasound to check on my cycsts. See if any went away, or if they changed size, or if anymore appeared. Hopefully they'll be magically gone. Probably not, but I can dream, right? But I digress.
The doctor told Keith that during the hysteroscopy she found what was either an old blood clot or a polyp. She said she couldn't really tell what it was, but she removed it during the D&C. She also didn't tell him what size it was. I'm sure pathology will tell us what it was when I go back for my follow up in a week or two. And I'll also ask her how big it was. I want to know in the worst way. Also, we can't have sex for 6 weeks. Six. Whole. Weeks. That means December 22! So I guess I won't be pregnant for Christmas. But hopefully sometime soon after the beginning of the new year. If I'm not after a couple months of regular cycles (God, please let them be NORMAL for once!) then I'll maybe ask for another ultrasound to check on my cycsts. See if any went away, or if they changed size, or if anymore appeared. Hopefully they'll be magically gone. Probably not, but I can dream, right? But I digress.
Now for other news: I think my turtle is gonna be just fine. His two scales that were flaky came right off today, which is good. I asked my sister about his old tank, which was bigger, but she reminded me that it got broken. Luckily she still had the heater that I had in there, so now his water will be the right temperature again. He's not sure what to think of the heater. He keeps looking at it and then going away, but then he comes back to hover over it for a while. Probably because it's warm. Now all I need is a filter. And a bigger tank, but that one can definitely wait. Also, he took the hugest crap I've ever seen come out of him. And then he ate it. What a card!
Anyways, I'm gonna get off of here for now.
I'm glad everything went okay. Ouch, that bruise looks mean. No sex for 6 weeks!! Ugh!!!
ReplyDeleteLOL @ your turtle eating poop!!! :P
I know. I was not happy with the 6 weeks verdict. Although I don't blame her for wanting to be cautious. You should've seen the size of the needlethat gave it to me! It was really big around. Ooh and it hurt! But I'm glad everything is done.
ReplyDelete