Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Let's Talk About Sex, Baby

Let's talk about you and me...

Ok, enough of the song, even though it's super catchy. And if you know it/heard it, then I hope it's now stuck in your head. But for real. I want to talk about sex for just a minute. I know that's not really a subject I've approached on my blog before, but here it goes.

What's the big deal about sex? Do you want me to answer that like a typical woman, or do you want my honest opinion? Let's go with typical woman. Sex is about love and having a physical way to express the bond you share with your partner. Ok. I agree with that... But... If you want me to be honest? People have needs. I don't care who you are, once you hit puberty, you realize that there is that, for lack of a better phrase, itch that needs to be scratched. Everyone has needs and sexual desires.

But Kris, why are you talking about this? It seems a bit... inappropriate. Yeah, so? You hear more about sex on tv than I could post in this blog. Anyways, I'm talking about this because, well... Once you find someone to meet those needs (that you truly love, wait till marriage, yadda yadda) and you become used to doing things whenever you want, it really sucks to have that luxury taken away for whatever reason. And not only that, but yes, you do lose that special kind of closeness from being together. Yeah, I do miss that part a lot.

The whole point of this being that six weeks of no sex is a really, really long time. I know some of you are wondering what the big deal is, right? There are those who break up, stay single, have a spouse on deployment, so they go for a long time without it. Yeah I know. But we're just not used to that kinda thing. We're working on finding other ways to be close. Cuddling and...other things that make me feel like I'm 16 again. Which is slightly weird. It's not the best, but it'll have to do. Although I will say this: metal bathtubs are really hard on the knees.

So....That's it. Hope you feel awkward now.

9 comments:

  1. Let it out! Great post. It's natural, & It's not like you're saying 'man I wana get laid, I needa get mine' And stuff like that, So I think it's completely appropriate. Sex with the person you love can be addicting. Of course it feels good, like pleasure, but it also feels good to BE with your man. To be up against him, close to him, and so on. So I feel ya, 6 weeks is the same amount of time you have to go without sex after birth. Hang in there! lol- Once that 6 weeks is up, it will be amazing. Atfter we had Jaleen, we knew we couldn't-but wanted it- So we'd end up in this really hot & heavy make out & heavy petting (or whatever, lol) sessions all the time. It was romantic in a sexy way. That was REALLY helpful for filling that gap, That closeness that you miss. I know thats alota info, but just some advice, letting you know how we handled that suckish 6 weeks. I'm not ashamed, it's a beautiful thing!
    Bathtub=LOL!!!!! Those things that make you feel like your 16 again, do that stuff all the time, or just kind of often. Then maybe it wont be wierd, and will be fun. And sometimes it can be exciting to know you're in complete control of his pleasure once you start,,that. TMI, but whatever, hope it helps, have fun with it.
    Sara C.
    Sara C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly! We have sex for the sex, but also for love and closeness/togetherness. That's the great thing about doing it with someone you love. You get both sides of the coin. Love and lust. It's a very intoxicating combination, and it's hard to have that put on hold for a while. We do other things as foreplay, but we usually just move on to the Big Show lol. So it felt a bit silly. We kept giggling everytime we made eye contact. Which was fun in it's own way. And yes, we've had the make out sessions on the couch. It's only been a week, but I'm SO ready for the next five to pass!!! Also, loved your comment Sara!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so feeling your no sex pain. Husband had to have a procedure just before he deployed, so no sex for 2 weeks before he left (without warning on the no sex thing). 3.5 months is a long time, but I still got quite a long while to go...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I read on your blog that it was gonna be a while. I feel like such a whiner when I read about you ladies having to be away from your husbands for months on end. Thank you for following/commenting :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wait. No sex meaning no penetration, or no orgasm. Cause, no orgasm for 6 weeks will make you go blind.

    Or something like that.

    I about die every time I have a two week wait.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Penetration. They don't want him bumping my cervix since I just had a d&c.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not laughing at anyone having to go that long with out having sex, it sucks. You know when I first came to read this blog I was not thinking about what all I would be reading but I read it anyways and let me just say, Thank You for the lovely mental picture last night right before I went to bed. Just thank heavens I was taking some cold medicine so I did not have not crazy dreams about it. You keep on posting what you do, I enjoying know how your dealing with everything.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahaha! You're welcome for that. The cold medicine would've made my dreams worse than usual lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i read your blog right before bed too. i had dreams of you and hubbs in the tub!!! lol

    ReplyDelete