Saturday, November 13, 2010

Seriously?

People who've had a D&C, when does this pain go away? I guess I'm just sore from working the past two days, but jeez. It's the third day past the procedure. I thought maybe I'd be all better by now. It's a strange sort of pain too. Not like cramps, but like soreness...? I know that doesn't make any sense, but it's the only way I know how to explain it. I think it's because I worked for six hours yesterday, and then possibly tossed and turned too much last night, and then worked another six hours today. So Uterus is just one unhappy camper right now.

Also, I started bleeding this evening. I'm not sure if it's because of all of the working right after the procedure, or if it's because it's the first day of my actual period. It would make sense for it to be either. See, my doctor said that the heavy bleeding and cramps I was having two weeks after the Prometrium was a real period. That started about 23-25 days ago. Plus today my BBT went down, which it typically does on the first day of your period. So that would be nearly a normal cycle length, which is good. But I could be bleeding now from the procedure. I don't really know which it is though. I guess I'll see what happens tomorrow...

Keith and I are both addicted to the Sims right now. He's been playing the Sims 3 for XBox 360, and I've been playing the Sims 2 Seasons on my laptop. So when we have discussions, we somehow end up incorporating our sims' lives in our talks. He'll talk about what his sim family did and I'll talk about mine. Don't get me wrong, we spend plenty of time together doing normal couple things, but I'd be lying if I said part of our evenings didn't consist of video games. We're young. We're nerds. Get over it.

We still don't know what our plans are gonna be for Thanksgiving. I only have one day off, Keith has two. Maybe I can take the extra day off.... That would help, since we'd be able to do whatever it is we decide to do. Like go see Keith's step-dad, Mat, in the hospital one of those days. Most of our visits down that way have been pretty short and filled with stuff, so we haven't been able to go and see him. We really need to get our butts down there.

And I'm gaining weight. Dammit! It's all because of drinking so much mother effing chocolate milk and having to stuff myself so that these pain pills don't make me nauseous! And I can't work out until I'm healed enough, which I'm thinking won't be till at least the two week mark, depending on how things progress. That'll be right around Thanksgiving. So I'll probably be jumping onto my Gazelle and Stepper machine on the 27th to try and knock off five or ten pounds. And I'll also have to start watching what I eat pretty strictly again. Sucks, but I really like fitting into my jeans!

3 comments:

  1. It feels sore because they scrape, yank, and are not very gentle down there during that procedure. And because you did too much so soon, so take it easy!!

    Sara C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying to be good, honest! But I HAD to go to work or else I wouldn't get paid!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol I feel like you're getting onto me. It's kinda funny, but nice that you care.

    ReplyDelete