So applied for the BlogHer waiting list. I listed my blog topic as infertility, but now I'm thinking maybe I should've listed the main topic as life. I don't know. I write about both... I'm not sure when they'll be accepting new blogs or how exactly it works, but since I was finally eligible today, I wanted to submit my blog anyways.
Only one week until the D&C! I'm excited and antsy. In a good way, of course. I'm also thinking of asking for them to put me on more hormones after the surgery. I don't want birth control, and I think I read high doses of hormones act as BC, but I feel better taking hormones instead. It doesn't feel so much like preventative measures. Besides, how cool would it be to be pregnant at Christmas? Not that my luck would be that awesome, but there's a chance of it as long as I ovulate in the next month or so. And I'm really hoping I do!
I want to talk about my BBT chart for a minute. (You can see my chart by clicking on the little thingy in the right corner of my blog. The yellow thing that says CD 21 or whatever.) Why are my temps higher than they used to be? And why do they seem to be on a slow rise? When I was charting before, my temps were in the low 97s. Now they're in the high 97s. Still having irregular bleeding after taking Prometrium. Doesn't look like I've ovulated, but then again I didn't temp when I was taking hormones, so there's no telling if I did during that time or not. I don't know. It probably means nothing. I guess I'm just confused. But if it keeps going up and up and up then I'm gonna take a pregnancy test, even though I'm positive that it will be negative. I don't think there's any way I could be pregnant with the bleeding I've had in the past weeks. So temperature, please go down so that I don't worry or get myself worked up. Or, if you're going to stay high, at least do it because there's a secret baby growing in my uterus.
Not too much else going on. I'm just trying to get the apartment tidied up so that I don't have to do much next week. It's slow going. I don't feel very motivated. I'll probably get bitten by the Cleaning Bug on Sunday and get everything done anyways.
Anyways, I'm gonna go tidy up the kitchen and then head to bed. Later!
How does the chart work? Maybe I missed the one where you explained it, if so sorry, lol. But I'm curious how that works. Fertile & Happy!!
ReplyDeleteSara C
I've never explained it on here before. I'll do it just for you though :)
ReplyDeleteThe first day of your period is cycle day 1. On this day you begin taking your temperature everyday as soon as you wake up and before you do anything else. Don't get up to pee or get a drink or anything. Temp first. You do this every morning and record it on a chart. The temperatures before ovulation will typically be low. The day of ovulation you will notice that your temperature drops. The day after it will shoot up a whole lot and your temperatures will remain higher than the pre ovulation temperatures. When you start your period again they'll drop back down. Unless you're pregnant. Then they'll stay up. 16 consecutive days of high temps usually means pregnant.
In my earlier charts, my pre ovulation temperature was around the low 97s and post ovulation they were around the high 97s. I didn't do my temp while on hormones, so there is no way of knowing if I ovulated while taking them or right after stopping them. But now, almost a month later, my temperature is in my old post ovulation range and seems to be slowly rising. It probably doesn't mean anything since I've had so much bleeding, but if it keeps going up I'll test just to put my mind at ease.
Does that make any sense to you? Lol. If not try going here. It's where I do my charts and they have TONS of info. And it's free :)
ReplyDeletewww.fertilityfriend.com