Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Gearing Up!!

I think I've figured out the secret to having a GREAT day! Twelve hours of sleep at night. No, seriously. I slept like a baby. A drugged baby, since most of those things don't seem to sleep for big chunks of time all at once. Yes. I slept like a baby on Benadryl. Consequently, I had a very nice day. I felt so refreshed!

My grandma is in the hospital and her oxygen is looking pretty low. She's on a ventilator right now, so please pray for her to get better soon. We want her all in one piece!

Random thing: my Christmas tree looks really pretty.

I'm gonna make some whole wheat cranberry oat muffins soon! I hope they turn out ok. I'd love to have something for Keith to eat in the morning that he'll really enjoy and be proud of me for making!

About the title. I got all of my insurance paperwork together that I needed, mailed it off (including my payment!), and gathered up my medical history paper. And then today I searched for RE's offices that are near me. Thanks Resolve! And then I called The Center of Reproductive Medicine's Beaumont office. I answered TONS of questions about myself, and some about Keith. The lady said that after confirming my insurance that the office coordinator would give me a call (probably tomorrow) and set up an appointment. I'll have to pay a $75 deposit to insure that I won't skip out on or cancel my appointment, but I'm assuming I'll get that back as long as I show up. Hopefully they can get me in soon, and on a Monday.

I feel hopeful and excited. At this point, I really want a baby, but I really want to get my reproductive system working mostly correctly more than anything. Wouldn't you if you had your period every single day? Yes. You most likely would want that to be corrected. I have to admit that at the beginning I really hoped we would never get to this point, but after going through this for so long, I'm happy and relieved and excited. I have a much more realistic outlook on some things, so I realize that clomid and/or IUI/IVF are all extremely possible. I hope to not get to the IVF point, mainly because our insurance does not cover it. I'd be totally open to doing it, though. If it came down to it, I'd be open to adoption also.

So I have to ask you: When you were getting ready to see your RE for the first time, how did you feel about it? Did you have any doubts or anxiety? I wanna know everything!

4 comments:

  1. i was like you and referred to an RE because of serious dysfunction of my reproductive system. after my big surgery and diagnosis of stage IV endo, no OBGYN would even look at me.

    so to the RE i went. i will say that i wasn't even thinking about procreation then. when it was time though, i think the thing i tried to keep in mind was that i know my body. they may have good suggestions and the right idea sometimes, but it took a long time to find something that really worked in helping control my pain. don't be afraid to speak out. always, always, always bring a written list of questions with spaces under each and extra space at the bottom for questions you come up with while you are there. it helps bc with me, i am so overwhelmed in the moment either with happiness or excitement or concern that i ask and forget responses. then my husband would ask me what was said and i couldn't remember.
    best of luck
    xoxo
    lis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the response and advice! I usually have a list of questions either on paper or saved in my phone. Never thought to leave room to jot down the response! Genius :) They don't know exactly what is up with me. Possible PCOS, definite uterine/endometrial/vaginal atrophy, and mild chronic endometritis, which is basically pelvic inflammatory disease. Also, due to all of that, I have my period every freaking day. If I didn't need my uterus, I would punch it in the face!

    Anyways, thank you again, and I hope that your current cycle can get moving along pretty soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! I'm excited for you! I felt pretty excited to see my first RE. I thought he was going to fix everything. He did find out exactly what was wrong with me, almost immediately...so that was good. Just know that you are on the right track now! There are so many options with an RE, so that's a big plus. I had plenty of questions to ask, but he already had a set of questions and tests for me, so it made it easy. I'll be thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I'm feeling excited, but also a little anxious. Kinda like the first day of school. Hopefully this guy knows his stuff, cuz I don't wanna waste anymore time!

    ReplyDelete